Devils Could Sellout 2007-08 Season

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
The Devils new arena will also hold about 1500 less people, so that will lead to more sellouts. The Devils had multiple crowds this year that would have been sellouts in Newark.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The Devils new arena will also hold about 1500 less people, so that will lead to more sellouts. The Devils had multiple crowds this year that would have been sellouts in Newark.

Also the team at one point back in 97 averaged 17,000+ per game just under th capacity of the new arena so it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I don't trust that article.

How can all 3,000 seats from $10-$32 be sold out if the current partial STHs didn't get a chance to LOOK at them? And other than club seats, there are PLENTY of lower seats available, and I bet most of them haven't even been allocated yet.

And I thought the $10 seats weren't going for STH but for gameday sales(like they did in Boston)? How can they be sold out?

Either that article is written by a Pejorative Slured chimp or Vanderbeek is lying or making a panicked frenzy to the folks out there to hurry up and buy tickets that are easily available.. And given the ineptitude known as Devils marketing, I tend to go with the latter.

And as much as I bleed Jersey red, this team isn't selling EVERY GAME out since 1) Too much going on in metro area, 2) They will be playing teams like Florida, Phoenix, Montreal, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, Islanders and 3) They're 1 loss away from being the laughing stock of the NHL.

I think it's a little bit of both. I think what Vanderbeek was saying the he expects all those seats to be sold based on the fact that they are either currently reserved for people who are already season and partial season ticket holders and based on the number of people who have got on a waiting list for the possibility of season tickets.

Yes I do think this is part Vanderbeek trying to create more of a demand for season tickets by saying if you don't get them you might be shutout. That's hardly unusual, the Sabres did a similar thing this past season.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
and the true success of the new arena will be in year 2 and beyond...lots of people will show up in year 1 just to see the arena because its new.

don't get me wrong, i hope the new arena turns out great and is a great atmosphere and i look forward to going to see games there...i just think those attendance projections seem a little unrealistic.

Well they could possibly sell more tickets due to the corporate support in Central Jersey, other than that, I don't really see it happening.

I went to the Devils playoff game against the Senators last week, my seats were upstairs and the cost of these seats? $80 a pop, so if you wanted to take a family of four to the game at the seats I was sitting at it would cost your family $320 before even walking in the door.

Here's a report done on the most expensive tickets in hockey based on a family package:

http://www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm?page=fci_nhl_06-07.cfm

New Jersey is 3rd and $43 more expensive than the Rangers, when you consider this and all the other problems the CAA had, it's really no surprise that we couldn't sellout games this year and also why it's not unrealistic to think that the Devils will have abundance of soldout games next year and beyond at the Rock especially when you consider it holds 1500 less seats than the CAA and the seats in the upper tiers will be so much cheaper.

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
New Jersey is 3rd and $43 more expensive than the Rangers, when you consider this and all the other problems the CAA had, it's really no surprise that we couldn't sellout games this year and also why it's not unrealistic to think that the Devils will have abundance of soldout games next year and beyond at the Rock especially when you consider it holds 1500 less seats than the CAA and the seats in the upper tiers will be so much cheaper.

I don't see where they are that much cheaper. For the regular season (based on the NJ website), the upper levels of the CAA are between $20-70 a game. In the new building, they range from $10-100. I can't believe there will be THAT many seats in the $10-35 range (moreso than in the CAA) to make that much of a difference.

From the pictures that I could see, it looks like the majority of the seats are in the lower bowl and in the balcony behind each net ($65-100 seats). It doesn't look like there are a ton of seats in that "sideline" mezz and upper levels sections.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Good for them. I'm glad the Devils will finally get the support they deserve.

I admit, I didn't think they could do it with the prices being so much higher. Devils fans proved me wrong. But if it means a hockey team is doing better financially, I'm happy to be wrong. :)

byebyebettman

Jan 10, 2007
St. John's, NL
The opinion I've had of NJ is that there's not a lot of peoplewho go to the games, but the people who do are among the best fans in the league. Lets hope your new rink doesn't become corporate so much as to take away atmosphere. I hate that aspect of new stadiums, and I can understand it in the NHL of money, but when it happens here in the Canadian Hockey League to the old barns, that's where it hurts me most.

Good luck to NJ selling out next year, there's been times this year where I wondered what it would take for them to sellout even one game (especially that first playoff game :shakehead ). But hopefully they can do it. It makes me cringe when I hear bad attendance numbers from down south, but it shouldn't happen in true hockey towns. :yo:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Nets games are sold out or not?

Because if thet are, then you can't amke an excuse like it's on highway and no means of transportation!!!!

Hopefully, they do sell-out!

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Nets games are sold out or not?

Because if thet are, then you can't amke an excuse like it's on highway and no means of transportation!!!!

Hopefully, they do sell-out!

Not even close. It's been better than the Devils the last few years and that's because they took advantage of the NHL lockout.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I don't see where they are that much cheaper. For the regular season (based on the NJ website), the upper levels of the CAA are between $20-70 a game. In the new building, they range from $10-100. I can't believe there will be THAT many seats in the $10-35 range (moreso than in the CAA) to make that much of a difference.

From the pictures that I could see, it looks like the majority of the seats are in the lower bowl and in the balcony behind each net ($65-100 seats). It doesn't look like there are a ton of seats in that "sideline" mezz and upper levels sections.
The reason is that at CAA, we don't get money from parking, food, beer, hats, jerseys, etc. The Rock gives us the majority share of all of that, except parking which is more or less non-existant.

Wetcoaster

$10.00 tickets?????????:amazed: Must be nice.

In Vancouver the cheapest seat regular season ticket is CDN$32.75 (US$29.57) and that is for the non-premium and non-premium+ games.

The cheapest second round play-off ticket for the 'Nucks was CDN$105.00 (US$94.81).

And the Canucks have been sold out for years.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
$10.00 tickets?????????:amazed: Must be nice.

In Vancouver the cheapest seat regular season ticket is CDN$32.75 (US$29.57) and that is for the non-premium and non-premium+ games.

The cheapest second round play-off ticket for the 'Nucks was CDN$105.00 (US$94.81).

And the Canucks have been sold out for years.
At the CAA we have the highest ticket prices in the regular season.

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
$10 tickets in a new arena? Thats amazing.

Given the layout of the arena, I'd be surprised if there were more than 300 of those $10 tickets.

More of a marketing gimmick than anything. Those tickets will sell out quickly and they hope that the others that call trying to get those seats will still buy seats in more expensive sections.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
Actually, you don't. Vancouver's are the highest priced in the regular season. NJ was 5th.

Here's actual (not guestimate) NHL data leaked earlier this year and published by the Globe and Mail. Toronto has the highest priced average ticket by far at USD 80.33, Vancouver's average ticket cost USD 58.74. and the Devils' average ticket cost USD 49.91. See the link and scroll to the second page.

The Devils also gave away 1,747 comp tickets per games according to the chart on the first page, 7th most in the league.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/v5/content/pdf/NHLweb.pdf

GHOST

Last edited:

Wetcoaster

At the CAA we have the highest ticket prices in the regular season.
My understanding is that there are several teams with higher ticket prices including Toronto ($37 to $182 for season-ticket holders) and Vancouver.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
My understanding is that there are several teams with higher ticket prices including Toronto ($37 to $182 for season-ticket holders) and Vancouver.
The last time I saw figures the Devils were on top, but I grant you it has been a while. Regardless, at the CAA we were top-5 at least, but once we move to the Rock the numbers will fall down to around average.

Lou's Koolaid

I live here
Jan 12, 2007
KWT660
I don't trust that article.

How can all 3,000 seats from $10-$32 be sold out if the current partial STHs didn't get a chance to LOOK at them? And other than club seats, there are PLENTY of lower seats available, and I bet most of them haven't even been allocated yet.

And I thought the $10 seats weren't going for STH but for gameday sales(like they did in Boston)? How can they be sold out?

Either that article is written by a Pejorative Slured chimp or Vanderbeek is lying or making a panicked frenzy to the folks out there to hurry up and buy tickets that are easily available.. And given the ineptitude known as Devils marketing, I tend to go with the latter.

And as much as I bleed Jersey red, this team isn't selling EVERY GAME out since 1) Too much going on in metro area, 2) They will be playing teams like Florida, Phoenix, Montreal, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, Islanders and 3) They're 1 loss away from being the laughing stock of the NHL.
Agreed the artical in the Record is B/S even if it is Vanderbeek being quoted but, with that being said the arena will still due well.
For example causual fans and even Ranger and Isles fans want to get to this building.

I can see 20 or more sellouts at least for the first year. Even crowds of 12,000 to 14,000 will have such a better atmosphere. I'll be getting a full season plan for next year with the deposit for rounds 3 and 4 that we didn't make this year.Those cheaper tickets will be available to the public.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
The Nets sold out 1 of 3 home games in Round 1, and the Devils sold out 2 of 6 overall.

The Nets attendance for the two they didn't sell out was lower than the Devils.

Wetcoaster

The last time I saw figures the Devils were on top, but I grant you it has been a while. Regardless, at the CAA we were top-5 at least, but once we move to the Rock the numbers will fall down to around average.
According to the chart noted above the Devils were #16 in the league for 2006-07 and #14 for 20005-06 for average ticket prices. gate receipts ranked you in the low 20's - almost 1/3 less that the Leafs.

In all the earlier data I checked the Devils were mid-pack in terms of ticket prices going back eight seasons.

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

I don't get this feeling that somehow the Devils are going to lower ticket prices when they move.

The ticket prices will almost certainly be higher. Their may be a few seats that are lower priced, but overall, my guess is that their average will rise, not lower

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I don't get this feeling that somehow the Devils are going to lower ticket prices when they move.

The ticket prices will almost certainly be higher. Their may be a few seats that are lower priced, but overall, my guess is that their average will rise, not lower
The seats which will be purchased by the general fanbase will have lower prices. The corporate seats have prices which will raise, and those have already sold out, but the general seats are the ones which will have generally lower prices.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Your right I believe overall the average ticket price will be higher because of the club seats. But the point is that there will bee plenty of lower price tickets because of the more varied price structure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad