Devils Could Sellout 2007-08 Season

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
From an article in Today's Bergen Record, there is a decent chance the Devils may sell out the entire regular season next year at their new arena. This according to the Devils owner. The highlights from the story.

-All 2,200 club seats priced at $150 have sold out.
-All 16 Large Luxury Boxes have sold.
-All 3,000 seats priced 10-32 dollars have sold out.
-Season Ticket sales are up 20% so far.

Also because the basically control the building and have a favorable lease from the city they are expecting to turn a profit next season.
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...FeXk3MTI3MjkwJnlyaXJ5N2Y3MTdmN3ZxZWVFRXl5Mg==

dkatzism

From an article in Today's Bergen Record, there is a decent chance the Devils may sell out the entire regular season next year at their new arena. This according to the Devils owner. The highlights from the story.

-All 2,200 club seats priced at $150 have sold out.
-All 16 Large Luxury Boxes have sold.
-All 3,000 seats priced 10-32 dollars have sold out.
-Season Ticket sales are up 20% so far.

Also because the basically control the building and have a favorable lease from the city they are expecting to turn a profit next season.
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...FeXk3MTI3MjkwJnlyaXJ5N2Y3MTdmN3ZxZWVFRXl5Mg==

I'm clearly an enemy, but that would be pretty freaking awesome if you could do it. And I thought getting a ticket to check out the new building was going to be easier than all that... :help:

krudmonk

Jan 12, 2006
Sannozay
Good for them. A perennial playoff team should be well supported, and it's great that they'll have a worthy venue.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
From an article in Today's Bergen Record, there is a decent chance the Devils may sell out the entire regular season next year at their new arena.

Isn't this one of the signs of the End Times?

What's next? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together? Mass hysteria. :sarcasm:

KreiMeARiver*

I'm obviously a Ranger fan, but I live 10 minutes from both the Meadowlands and Newark. I HATE going to the meadowlands, and I only go for NYR games. It's a really horrible place to see a game. Absolutely no charm at all. No immenities, nothing. This new place looks like it's going to be really, really nice. I'd actually go to Devils games when I get offered free tickets! I think this will attract a new type of fan. Finally, the corporate appeal is there; and we all know NJ has it's share of corporations!

bartolommeff

Nov 23, 2005
jersey
that is great for them. however, that doesn't mean that the building will be full. good for the team and city nonetheless.

i have a question: i'm in newark 3 times a week and can tell you city is packed. there are 4 universities close to the arena, lots of businesses, hospitals and newark int'l airport. where is the parking for the arena? if there isn't a parking garage/deck, where will people park? on the already full streets?

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
that is great for them. however, that doesn't mean that the building will be full. good for the team and city nonetheless.

i have a question: i'm in newark 3 times a week and can tell you city is packed. there are 4 universities close to the arena, lots of businesses, hospitals and newark int'l airport. where is the parking for the arena? if there isn't a parking garage/deck, where will people park? on the already full streets?

Doesn't really matter 100% if it's full during the game as long as the seats are bought. You go to a montreal game it's never actually full. Why? **** happens. The tickets in the lower bowl are typically corporate STH's or individual STH's and sometimes they just can't find people in time to go.

And as far as parking, it's not even 100% necessary as well. When I was reading up on it from the website for the arena they are planning on having a small parking lot I think accross from the Arena, and I think a massive multi thousand lot within a 10-15 minute walk from the Arena. Not only that, there are multiple public transportation methods to get to the Arena. Again using Montreal as an example, parking is absolutely horrible. There are many parking lots right around but they don't hold much and it's a rip off so many people will take the Metro or even Train to get to the arena.

But I just want to say congrats to the Devs fans. Anyone who actually knew the tinyest little bit about your arena situation would know the absolute horrendous situation in terms of the actual arena and location in terms of getting there. I think your organization will do a complete 180% and end up being one of the model franchises in the game now that there is more corporate and fan support. Same will eventually be said for the Penguins too.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
:clap:

Really, nothing more needs to be said. This is great news for Devil Fans, and for NHL fans in general. Any franchise doing better at the box office is good news for all hockey fans.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
No kidding. Awesome. I'll have to find a way to get to a game next season, if I'm ever home in Jersey.

The Devils take a far greater percentage of profits from the Rock building than we did from the CAA, too. Although since we already max out the cap, I doubt that will mean much for the quality of play.

Stone87

Mar 20, 2005
Rochester
No kidding. Awesome. I'll have to find a way to get to a game next season, if I'm ever home in Jersey.

The Devils take a far greater percentage of profits from the Rock building than we did from the CAA, too. Although since we already max out the cap, I doubt that will mean much for the quality of play.

No but it leaves extra cash to buy out those has been free agent defenseman that Lou loves to sign (Mcgillis, Malakhov) :sarcasm:

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Great to hear! And here's to a great opening next year and hopefully the players show up!

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
I don't trust that article.

How can all 3,000 seats from $10-$32 be sold out if the current partial STHs didn't get a chance to LOOK at them? And other than club seats, there are PLENTY of lower seats available, and I bet most of them haven't even been allocated yet.

And I thought the $10 seats weren't going for STH but for gameday sales(like they did in Boston)? How can they be sold out?

Either that article is written by a Pejorative Slured chimp or Vanderbeek is lying or making a panicked frenzy to the folks out there to hurry up and buy tickets that are easily available.. And given the ineptitude known as Devils marketing, I tend to go with the latter.

And as much as I bleed Jersey red, this team isn't selling EVERY GAME out since 1) Too much going on in metro area, 2) They will be playing teams like Florida, Phoenix, Montreal, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, Islanders and 3) They're 1 loss away from being the laughing stock of the NHL.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
I dunno, but I'm in Maryland now and I'm contemplating on buying a ticket to go see the devils next season. That new building is really tempting. Now I can actually ride the train up and go to the arena without needing to rent a car or get a taxi.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I wouldn't say they're a loss away from being the laughing stock of the NHL, but I think that they are one loss away from falling off their throne as an NHL superpower.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
shouldn't you worry about selling out a single game that isn't against the rangers before worrying about selling out the entire season?? don't mean to sound like an ass but the devils did not sell out a SINGLE game this season. in fact game 2 against ottawa on saturday was their first sellout ALL year...last season they sold out 6 games (4 against the rangers, 2 in the playoffs). year before that they sold out 6 games (5 regular season--2 vs isles, 1 vs rangers, 1 in playoffs).

so over the last 3 seasons, they have sold out 9 of 123 regular season home games (7.3%) and sold out 4 out of 11 home playoff games (36.4%)...but now you are telling me that by putting an arena in a 'hockey' town like newark they are suddenly gonna sellout every game??

i realize that the meadowlands was crap and hard to get to and mass transit will make it so much easier, but i have a hard time believing that there are that many 'fans' that didn't care enough about the team to drive to the meadowlands ever will suddenly start showing up. this isn't a knock on the REAL fans because the real fans a loyal group that supports their team and are good fans. i have no doubt that the true fans will be out in full force to support them in newark, i just have a hard time believing that all these people that haven't been showing up for the last 25 years are suddenly gonna start going to every game just sounds like wishful thinking on the owners part...if you want to tell me that in 5 years the place will be packed on a regular basis i can buy that but it just seems like too big a leap overnight.

and the true success of the new arena will be in year 2 and beyond...lots of people will show up in year 1 just to see the arena because its new.

don't get me wrong, i hope the new arena turns out great and is a great atmosphere and i look forward to going to see games there...i just think those attendance projections seem a little unrealistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->