OT: Devils-Bruins March 1992 showing on MSG

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Watching this now - they're showing it because it was Brodeur's first start at the Meadowlands.

Forgot about some of those players but one that caught my attention was Kevin Todd.

He scored 21 goals and had 63_points as a rookie (and five more points in seven playoff games) but was traded the next year and never came close to those type of offensive numbers again.

Anyone remember his career and how that happened?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Watching this now - they're showing it because it was Brodeur's first start at the Meadowlands.

Forgot about some of those players but one that caught my attention was Kevin Todd.

He scored 21 goals and had 63_points as a rookie (and five more points in seven playoff games) but was traded the next year and never came close to those type of offensive numbers again.

Anyone remember his career and how that happened?
I don't really remember his whole career, but I remember being a big fan of his. I think he wore number 14 and won rookie of the year. His main compey was a guy on the Rags, Tim Taylor, I think (maybe I got his name wrong).

I always wondered what happened to him. I stopped following him after the Devil's but I don't even remember how we lost him. I think he was on the small side, and a good playmaker. That's about it

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Went on to have a nine year career with the Oilers, Kings and Ducks - becoming more of a shutdown guy. A couple of interesting articles on line.

Retired to Utica and had some successful businesses. Wonder if the Devils will get him involved with the AHL club.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I remember the game fondly because it happened on my birthday. The Devils had a revolving door of goalies around that time because everyone was getting hurt or sucked (Chad Erickson, lol) so when Marty was announced as the starter I wasn't expecting much. It was clear early in the game they might have had a player in that Marty. Kevin Todd finished 3rd in Calder voting behind someone on the Rangers (Nemchinov, maybe?) and Pavel Bure, who won it. Wasn't he part of the Bernie Nichols trade? 91-92 was the first year I got into hockey/the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->