Post-Game Talk: Devils beat BuffaLOL 6-2 : What a bunch of BRATTs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just saw that Ben Lovejoy had a corsi for of 77.8 in the game, which I think was team leading.

That's why corsi, like goalie stats, for one game and small sample sizes aren't always indicative of what happened.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Man I just don't agree. Leafs have looked like world beaters in their first three.

Ovi has been on fire but the Caps as a whole aren't anywhere near as electric as Toronto is looking right now. Leafs are just creating HQ scoring chances at will right now.
Same could be said about us tho although we haven't played a top notch team yet

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's a decent step up from CO and Buffalo for sure, but to me, the Washington Capitals are the first time guys like Santini, Mueller, and Butcher could REALLY be exposed as rookies on defense. Jock strap laying on the ice kind of stuff.

I think Toronto is much more dynamic offensively and has more potential to expose the Devils D. That said, Washington is a much better team and I think they have a much better chance to make the Devils look pedestrian by shutting down some of the high quality chances they have been getting.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s all part of the learning curve for the young defenders. A guy like Santini also might surprise a forward who fails to account for Santini’s physical nature and fearless style. Guys like Mueller and Santini have to see top players to improve their own games. Hopefully with video work they learn from the experience and they are better able to deal with the top players as the season wears on.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Ugh why no GDT. Way more pumped for this game then the opener. Is my enthusiasm coming back? 5+ years of "Really? The Devils? They suck" or "You should be embarrassed wearing that" all fixed by finally seeing Devils hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad