Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Domingue for conditional 7tn

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty much a waste, he sucks.

Worse then any of kk,wedge,apple be, cory... tied with blackwood imo
Are you kidding me?

There's no way in holy f*** that Domingue (or Blackwood) is worse than Wedgewood or Appleby.

Stop this shit right now. You clearly can't be serious.

Wedgewood and Appleby are in no way NHL caliber goalies. Domingue has been an NHL caliber goalie. Not at all a GOOD goalie in the NHL, but at least NHL caliber of the lowest form. Wedgewood's NHL body of work is a disgrace and Appleby will likely never even start as many games in the NHL as Wedgewood did.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Are you kidding me?

There's no way in holy **** that Domingue (or Blackwood) is worse than Wedgewood or Appleby.

Stop this **** right now. You clearly can't be serious.

Wedgewood and Appleby are in no way NHL caliber goalies. Domingue has been an NHL caliber goalie. Not at all a GOOD goalie in the NHL, but at least NHL caliber of the lowest form. Wedgewood's NHL body of work is a disgrace and Appleby will likely never even start as many games in the NHL as Wedgewood did.

its a good move.. by shero.. for a couple reasons as you stated he is an NHL caliber goalie.. right now we may have just 1 of those in the entire organization.. so if MB gets injured the team is up shitz creek. the guy isn't the answer but it addresses the most basic thing and that is getting at least two NHL goalies in the system.. this could stop the bleeding.. if cory has one more awful start I just don't know how in good conscience you let him suit up again at NHL level

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Shero doing everything but acquiring a good goalie and a good coach
Love Shero, but the bottom line is that he's failed to put a winner on the ice. This year is just flat out underachievement ... when you get that something has to be done. We're waiting, Ray .. what you gonna do?

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Pretty much a waste, he sucks.

Worse then any of kk,wedge,apple be, cory... tied with blackwood imo
No NHL goaltender is worse than Cory Schneider right now. It's not even an exaggeration. He's been putting up record low numbers the last 3 years, and somehow people still think there's hope for him.

Reactions: Bleedred

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Love Shero, but the bottom line is that he's failed to put a winner on the ice. This year is just flat out underachievement ... when you get that something has to be done. We're waiting, Ray .. what you gonna do?

I'm a huge Shero fan, but I will say that his biggest failure this offseason was overlooking the goaltending situation. He did not evaluate it properly based off of a small sample size to end last season, and now he's paying for it. This falls squarely at his feet. And I think most of us overlooked it going into this season, but it's his job to properly evaluate these things.

Reactions: Bleedred

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm a huge Shero fan, but I will say that his biggest failure this offseason was overlooking the goaltending situation. He did not evaluate it properly based off of a small sample size to end last season, and now he's paying for it. This falls squarely at his feet. And I think most of us overlooked it going into this season, but it's his job to properly evaluate these things.

Or maybe he evaluated it but there isn't a whole lot TO do when you have a goalie still owed $18 million the next three years, and another goalie who you drafted that looked promising as a rookie.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No NHL goaltender is worse than Cory Schneider right now. It's not even an exaggeration. He's been putting up record low numbers the last 3 years, and somehow people still think there's hope for him.
It really isn't an exaggeration. I posted it the other day. Since 2016-2017, only one goalie has been worse than Schneider with a minimum of 50 games played, that still remains in the NHL and that's Joonas Korpisalo. If you do a minimum of 75 games played, there's no one with a lower save percentage that still has a full time position in the league. Sadly, one of the names with a lower save percentage is Domingue. But the other names are guys that have disappeared from the league in the last year or two, due to inefficient play. Chad Johnson, Cam Ward, Neuvirth, Niemi, Darling.

Jonathan Quick and Keith Kinkaid are tied with him at .905% since the start of the 16-17 season. I bet if you take out Schneider's strong October of 2016, his save percentage is about .903% or .904% since November of 2016. And even if you include his monster .950% playoff series in 2018 in his numbers, that probably doesn't help him much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Or maybe he evaluated it but there isn't a whole lot TO do when you have a goalie still owed $18 million the next three years, and another goalie who you drafted that looked promising as a rookie.

It's easy to say now ''Well, Shero should have done something with the goaltending'', but I was one of the few saying in March of last year to not be fooled by Schneider's 16 games of strong goaltending to end the season and that Blackwood is too much of a question mark to have nothing but a declining (And injury prone) Schneider to be the only fall back option. Schneider was never back to normal when he had that .920% stretch, he just also wasn't as bad as his .850% string of games either. He was somewhere in the middle, which is the .905% goaltender he's been for 3 years. I really Shero would give us a tandem of Schneider and someone else for 19-20, back in March of last year and I was wrong. And I also thought Schneider would be bought out after last year, until he showed that he could still actually play in the NHL after he came back in February.

If we did do something to upgrade the goaltending though, it would have been Blackwood that didn't have a spot this year and he would have been the one who suffered, because he's AHL eligible and they obviously didn't wanna buyout Schneider with 3 years left on his deal. And Shero was probably also thinking maybe he'd get the amnesty buyout after this year, but with there seeming to be labor peace until after Schneider's deal expires, that's no longer an option. He needs to be bought out after this year or go to LTIRement. He can't be here next year as a player. And they better not be fooled by a random 10-20 game stretch of .920% goaltending this time, because the odds are that he probably will have a stretch like that to tilt those numbers up to barely above .900% and not down in the .860's%. Even Marty had way longer .920% stretches in those twilight and declining years.

Reactions: glenwo2

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's easy to say now ''Well, Shero should have done something with the goaltending'', but I was one of the few saying in March of last year to not be fooled by Schneider's 16 games of strong goaltending to end the season and that Blackwood is too much of a question mark to have nothing but a declining (And injury prone) Schneider to be the only fall back option. Schneider was never back to normal when he had that .920% stretch, he just also wasn't as bad as his .850% string of games either. He was somewhere in the middle, which is the .905% goaltender he's been for 3 years. I really Shero would give us a tandem of Schneider and someone else for 19-20, back in March of last year and I was wrong. And I also thought Schneider would be bought out after last year, until he showed that he could still actually play in the NHL after he came back in February.

If we did do something to upgrade the goaltending though, it would have been Blackwood that didn't have a spot this year and he would have been the one who suffered, because he's AHL eligible and they obviously didn't wanna buyout Schneider with 3 years left on his deal. And Shero was probably also thinking maybe he'd get the amnesty buyout after this year, but with there seeming to be labor peace until after Schneider's deal expires, that's no longer an option. He needs to be bought out after this year or go to LTIRement. He can't be here next year as a player. And they better not be fooled by a random 10-20 game stretch of .920% goaltending this time, because the odds are that he probably does have a stretch like that to tilt those numbers up to barely above .900% and not down in the .860's%. Even Marty had way longer .920% stretches in those twilight and declining years.

To be fair, Marty is the greatest to ever play the position.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To be fair, Marty is the greatest to ever play the position.
And even he faced mortality, it just didn't happen after he was probably 8 years older than Schneider was when it started happening to him and he must have played 3 times as many games in the NHL by the time he started to fall apart.

And that's another thing to consider with Schneider. He might not plateau to where he's been the last few years, he could progressively get worse and worse. Marty seemed to be considerably worse by 2014 than he was in 2012.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Not that we didn’t know it already but our goaltending woes have just highlighted to me how well Marty could read the play. He would see a lot of high danger slot chances off the trailing opponent way before our D did.

Spoiled for so long.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
its a good move.. by shero.. for a couple reasons as you stated he is an NHL caliber goalie.. right now we may have just 1 of those in the entire organization.. so if MB gets injured the team is up ****z creek. the guy isn't the answer but it addresses the most basic thing and that is getting at least two NHL goalies in the system.. this could stop the bleeding.. if cory has one more awful start I just don't know how in good conscience you let him suit up again at NHL level
it's a good move because shero hasn't spend one of those precious 6th round picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad