Post-Game Talk: Devils 6, Penguins 3 - Penguins Hate On @ScandaleduJour on His Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
We’re not having trouble scoring. It’s stoppin the other team scoring. In January we are at goals for average 3.9 which is great but 3.7 goals against average which is awful.

Is there a way to look up how many goals are scored in wins vs how many goals are scored in losses?

I FEEL the Pens tend to win 5-2 then lose 4-3 then win 6-3 then lose 5-3.

Like...the losses are by a closer margin than the wins. So the averages look good, but the goals come only in bunches rather than consistently and rarely help.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Is there a way to look up how many goals are scored in wins vs how many goals are scored in losses?

Like...the losses are by a closer margin than the wins. So the averages look good, but the goals come only in bunches rather than consistently.

There’s manually. I can probably do it later. I’m off work right now supposed to be relaxing. Working out stats relaxes me :laugh:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Like...the losses are by a closer margin than the wins. So the averages look good, but the goals come only in bunches rather than consistently.

If your worst goal output is usually 3, you’re fine offensively.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If your worst goal output is usually 3, you’re fine offensively.

Right but winning 5-1 and then losing 3-1 gives you a GFavg of 3 and a GAavg of 2.

Winning 2-1 and then winning 4-3 gives the same, but in one scenario your offense is undefeated and the other is .500

The Pens lack of consistency seems to point to the first scenario when in all reality the second team would actually be the better and undefeated team.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Actually, the Pens have the coin and the assets for a 3C and a L2 LW. I've been talking up Tierney and Dzingel as one stop shopping, but truth be told, if JR stands pat on defense, he can go bigger than that.

So, it is even better than I thought.

Kessel is DEFINITELY not on the trade list in that case (well, should not be)

Last edited:

Vyruz Reaper

Oct 4, 2005
Sunny SoCal
I no longer feel like we can win on any given night with having Sid and Malkin on our team. Though, each can still take over - the rest of the team is such a shitshow not even our two big guys can carry the heavy anchors on this team

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
So by your metric Ovi is better than Sid
That is your stance?

If you were to abide by the little statistic you created, they'd be roughly equal at career points per game. Sid is also better at the non-points elements of hockey. Therefore, Sid is better.

Nice try?

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The Pens are nothing like the Steelers other than they play in Pittsburgh. They have an owner who is giving all the resources to win. They have a culture of accountability. They have success and met expectations of a HOF duo.

I absolutely despise the attempts of people saying the Pens are like the Steelers and/or Sully is like Tomlin. No way.

Never said they were.

I said they were simply playing down to the comp as the Steelers generally do. The Pens have been getting owned by the weakest teams in the league all year long. Hence the comparison. That's where it stops though.

I completely agree with everything you said btw.

Reactions: ColePens

Anita L

Jan 29, 2019
so we all see a pattern here... blown out by the devils- beat the best lightning- then lose to the senators. not to be negative but history speaks for its self and I agree we wont have to worry about facing those pesky cellar dwellers come playoff time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->