Post-Game Talk: Devils 5 Oilers 2 - welp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall was the best player on the ice aside from maybe McDavid. Oilers D looked foolish trying to stop him and he was able to get our D scrambling all night, he was only kept off the score sheet by luck.

Devils schooled the Oilers.

I'll give Bouchard credit though, for one sequence he was actually able to handle Hall 1-on-1 (right before the Draisaitl goal), everyone else on our blue line though ... LOL.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If all you did was watch boxscores than sure. But sure tell me how Draisaitl was good tonight

Did ANY Oilers forward get one good breakout pass in this entire game?

Every f***ing time its move it up around the boards.

Not even McD looked too exceptional with this pathetic break out. We don't have one D here that is a PMD.

Reactions: RegDunlop

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I think Rieder needs to be bumped up to play with Drai if they don’t put Puju there. That 4th line looked bad to me, so ineffective.

Nuge - Mcdavid - Rattie
Lucic - Drai - Reider
Yamo - Strome - Puju (sheltered mins)
Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian

What I hope to see next game and for the love of god take Benning out of the line up. Bear and Garrison are both better than him.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Holy crap, this every time.

Lucic and Drai both score and get an assist, best forwards on the team not named McD tonight and they get carved in 100's of posts in the GDT's

Not one comment that the loaded 1st line got not one goal. its all about Drai being "dependent" on McD getting two shifts in the whole game with him while McD's linemates the rest of the game couldn't get it done.

no man, drai made a couple of good plays this game but his overall game was bad. not even close to being worth his contract thus far in his career. foot speed too sluggish to gain himself some separation and time to create. he needs another co-driver on his line to succeed. may never succeed as the lone driver.

Reactions: RegDunlop

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Holy crap, this every time.

Lucic and Drai both score and get an assist, best forwards on the team not named McD tonight and they get carved in 100's of posts in the GDT's

Not one comment that the loaded 1st line got not one goal. its all about Drai being "dependent" on McD getting two shifts in the whole game with him while McD's linemates the rest of the game couldn't get it done.

Hopkins wasn't a high spot, but he wasn't doing things that killed the team.
Drai has the puck going into the offensive zone and just decided to give up on the play.
Drai looks awesome when he's with McDavid. When he isn't with McDavid... we've heard that story before.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
how about he lives up to his contract, like he said he would?

Um, he got points on both Oiler goals, meanwhile some of the other fanboys' players did SFA. What he is doing that doesn't entail "earning his contract?" I'd love to know this from some of his deepest haters.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Scanning through some of the comments in the GDT thread made me absolutely disgusted.

Every second post, people slamming Draisaitl, saying ridiculous **** like he's sniffing clovers in the outfield or checking out girls in the crowd.

Yet he scores a goal, gets an assist, and people say **** like "oh, it was all McDavid."

I'm calling it now. He's the next player run out of town.

Unbelievable.

its beyond description really.

Even when Drai scored he didn't do it right, was still getting slammed, still sucks. he then sets up 3 scoring chances after that beautifully and he still sucks, everything wrong with him etc.

McD, Drai, Lucic were our best players tonight and two of those got slagged all day.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Duke74

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
no man, drai made a couple of good plays this game but his overall game was bad. not even close to being worth his contract thus far in his career. foot speed too sluggish to gain himself some separation and time to create. he needs another co-driver on his line to succeed. may never succeed as the lone driver.

Yeah, gee, it's almost like the Oilers could use a speedy, offensive LW there next to Draisaitl.

HMMMMMMMM.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Did ANY Oilers forward get one good breakout pass in this entire game?

Every ****ing time its move it up around the boards.

Not even McD looked too exceptional with this pathetic break out. We don't have one D here that is a PMD.
Bouchard made a couple of passes up the ice and out of the zone. Other than that it was slapped around the boards to the winger who tried and usually failed to slap it further up the boards into the neutral zone. Just ugly hockey.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
they looked very disorganized. if they dont get it figured out right quick TMac wont see November.

and thats even too late. IMHO, if they dont get their sh-t together, immediately, he better be gone by game 6.

He's got 4 games to show that he can get this team playing like an NHL team.

I'll be surprised if it's that bad.
NJ pressures their opposition constantly.
It's their calling card.
That's how they got into the playoffs last year.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I think our last two preseason games were a back breaker really. The coyotes one they were just playing not to get hurt and the one in Germany was a glorified practice.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
its beyond description really.

Even when Drai scored he didn't do it right, was still getting slammed, still sucks. he then sets up 3 scoring chances after that beautifully and he still sucks, everything wrong with him etc.

McD, Drai, Lucic were our best players tonight and two of those got slagged all day.

Drai looked great in the last 12 minutes of the 3rd. Hopefully he can bring that effort next game as well.

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad