Post-Game Talk: Devils 5 Oilers 2 - welp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Well it is the exact same team as last year, and they looked like it. Leon should’ve had a bridge deal until he could prove he was an 8.5 million dollar center.

Reactions: BAM and Draiskull

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Scanning through some of the comments in the GDT thread made me absolutely disgusted.

Every second post, people slamming Draisaitl, saying ridiculous **** like he's sniffing clovers in the outfield or checking out girls in the crowd.

Yet he scores a goal, gets an assist, and people say **** like "oh, it was all McDavid."

I'm calling it now. He's the next player run out of town.

Unbelievable.

Relax, someone would have to want to tackle his contract first.

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Scanning through some of the comments in the GDT thread made me absolutely disgusted.

Every second post, people slamming Draisaitl, saying ridiculous **** like he's sniffing clovers in the outfield or checking out girls in the crowd.

Yet he scores a goal, gets an assist, and people say **** like "oh, it was all McDavid."

I'm calling it now. He's the next player run out of town.

Unbelievable.
how about he lives up to his contract, like he said he would?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
The team needs a new coaching system rather than new assistant coaches. Even with new assistant coaches, Todd McLellan is still using the same system from last season.
There better be a very short leash for the head coach this year. First ten games max. I also noticed Todd was doing the same **** as last year.

Oil75

Feb 26, 2017
RNH and Puljujarvi completely invisible, not a peep.

Draisaitl 2 points, torn apart in every other post.

But this board doesnt play favorites or turn it's stars into whipping boys.
Did you even watch the first two periods? completely to blame for goal #1 being on the wrong side of the puck, multiple give-aways and lackluster d-play then wakes out of his pouty slumber when he gets paired with McD. 2 gravy points for him but was easily one of the guys who was for the most part garbage today.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It was seriously not at all hard to predict that Nurse/Benning would be a disaster.
Of course not, but why lean on them so much. I watched the game and it was shit all over but to have your worst pair play significantly more than anyone else completely baffles me...

Reactions: RegDunlop

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
what's funny is that relatively speaking, Lucic had a good game, although objectively he was bad. He was better than a lot of players on the team tonight.

I think that’s about as good as Lucic can be. Scored, set up a nice goal, threw some hits.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Our 4th line played 8 minutes tonight... 2 goals against 5v5, Kassian and Brodziak out there for the PP goal against and not a shot between the 3 of them.

That is pretty inexcusable for such a little amount of ice time.
I'm shocked that our bottom 6 sucks. Shocked! SHOCKED!

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
How do we get all new assistant coaches and literally nothing changes? Are they not responsible for the PP and PK at least?

Already last year I had a feeling of puppets as assistant coaches. If that's the case changing to other puppets doesn't change much, though I miss Woodcroft's in-ear monitoring system.

Reactions: PulYou

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Our 4th line played 8 minutes tonight... 2 goals against 5v5, Kassian and Brodziak out there for the PP goal against and not a shot between the 3 of them.

That is pretty inexcusable for such a little amount of ice time.

Not sure why they insist on having Kassian PK, on the top PK unit to boot. He’s terrible at it.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
What's TMac's obsession with juggling lines so much throughout the game?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
absolutely disgusting performance.

team speed looks way too slow.

appear to be badly coached. players just seemed way out of sorts and confused out there.

inferior players or just bad coaching? or combo? drai is the biggest pseudo star out there with his contract. terrible foot speed.

Reactions: PulYou

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
The last player I hated as much as Benning was Letestu. Both are anti clutch, awful players who are overrated considering they don’t even deserve to be in the NHL.

Reactions: Messier11 and nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad