Post-Game Talk: Devils 4-Refs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
lol, was thinking the same. I mean, like ZBC said, he deserves equal credit on the Severson goal and he was +2 on the night. But poor guy can't buy a point.

Was hoping he'd get a good rip on the 2-on-1 but, sadly, the puck never made it through.

that’s what i’m saying lol. it’s crazy. if gabriel was getting zacha’s minutes, i guarantee he would have at least a point, and zacha is way, way more skilled than gabriel. i can’t tell which is a more fascinating streak to watch- zacha’s drought or cory being winless. it seems like one of those things where they’re both destined to end in the same game

Reactions: GameSeven

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
great topic, everyone feel better today?

Somewhat, hopefully last night was the start of turning things around. Team looked like they came together after that wholly dysfunctional road trip.

Will feel much better if 1) they beat philly after that horrendous first showing we had against them and 2) down the wings to string a few wins together and regain some lost ground.

LGD!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
One thing I liked about the Zacha Bratt combo is while Zacha's defensive game is more back check oriented, typically in the neutral zone and defensive zone, Bratt really forces the issue on the forecheck, he might be our best guy in that regard, thus we are putting a lot of pressure on the puck in all three zones as teams try to transition the puck up ice.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It was enjoyable watching good hockey last night against Pittsburgh after what we have seen on the road trip.

With Nico and Boyle out and Kinkaid in net the boys got it done. Maybe we should dump Nico and Boyle, just kidding.

Schneider he's another story, I hope he gets it together but the past couple of years with him in net says otherwise.

They are onto Philly, Go Devils

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It was enjoyable watching good hockey last night against Pittsburgh after what we have seen on the road trip.

With Nico and Boyle out and Kinkaid in net the boys got it done. Maybe we should dump Nico and Boyle, just kidding.

Schneider he's another story, I hope he gets it together but the past couple of years with him in net says otherwise.

They are onto Philly, Go Devils
Thing about Schneid's and his last couple years is, it was not all bad. Sure the overall #'s are not good, but his #'s early last year were very good, and then he was very good again vs Tampa in the playoffs.

So like his slump last year, I think his play this year is related to the hip. And hopefully he just needs time to work through it.

But can we afford to let him work through it at the NHL level?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Welp what the hell do I know. I think Noesen stinks and he gets the helmet thingy from the team after the game.

I guess it's for his work on the ENG, because other than that he did not have a great game.

can you elaborate? i missed out tonight. game stats had him with 0 sog so i assumed the worst

Zacha had a very solid game defensively. But some people are guilty of overreaction because they desperately wish to see more.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
One of my favorite things is when Trav completely nerds out after goals.

You'd never guess he's a professional athlete, he looks like he should be in your companies finance department.

I would like to see him shoot more. He's currently on a 27 point pace, which is not bad for a defensive defenseman, but he has a canon of a shot that if he got off more often, either will go straight in or will generate a tip or rebound.

This. Mueller has the heaviest shot on the Devils, but he never uses it. Always thinking defensive safety first (which I like) and "distribute puck to forwards" (which IMO he overdoes). I'd love to see a gun on Mueller's slapshot, as I'm confident it's high 90s MPH, possibly even hitting 100.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is the Devils / Penguins 11/13/2018 PGT, not the "Around the League" thread.

Why cant you people follow the rules?

64211939-follow-the-rules-square-grunge-stamp.jpg

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
can you elaborate? i missed out tonight. game stats had him with 0 sog so i assumed the worst

Excellent defensively, engaged offensively, Johansson telegraphed a pass on a 2-1 that I'd like to think Zacha would've buried, was very good along the boards.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Did anyone notice that since we played well and won, there were a few people absent from the thread last night?

Interesting to say the least
To be fair, most of the games in which we played well were at home, so they MAY have been at the game. Although it doesn't explain absences today.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Of all things with a Devils logo on the ice tonight, it was a tie between Lovejoy and the ice itself that sucked the most. Guys falling all over the place. It was disgusting.

Mueller drives me nuts. Really nuts.

Bratt keeps me sane. He deserved that goal so much.
Mueller been ok imo

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Good joke.

Yeah, let's hope he can finally bury one. But he was pretty good last night, especially since he got tough matchups. But his defense was never a problem anyway. Also, it's great to see what the team can do when they receive good goaltending. KK was better than DeSmith in this game, and that is one main reason we won the game. DeSmith gave up a pretty bad 1st goal, KK had no chance on two he gave up. All in all, a good game, hope they can make a streak out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->