Post-Game Talk: Devils 4-Refs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
some point totals/paces

Taylor Hall 19 points in 16 games (1.19 ppg, on pace for 97)
Kyle Palmieri 18 points in 16 games (1.13 ppg, on pace for 92)
Travis Zajac 13 points in 15 games (0.87 ppg, on pace for 70)
Damon Severson 12 points in 16 games (0.75 ppg, on pace for 62)
Nico Hischier 12 points in 15 games (0.8 ppg, on pace for 65)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
some point totals/paces

Lovejoy has to be up there too?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
some point totals/paces

Jesper Bratt 2 points in 3 games (0.67 ppg, on pace for 54 points over a full season) :sarcasm:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
One of my favorite things is when Trav completely nerds out after goals. It's tough to tell but you can see it in this pic and a little bit in the clip of Hall's goal.

1067236530_slide.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Dropping Nico on the 2nd line might be a blessing in disguise. Could be a way to spark that 2nd line without hurting Hallmieri's production.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A7EF202B-C2D8-4971-9395-DE0943CF6063.jpeg
So? Who cares about those possession stats? Not me. Bleedred has been telling you guys that I don’t care about possession for years now and he’s right.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Mueller has a 2.42 rel CF%, which is the best on the team by far. He also has the best CF% at 50.22 despite facing the toughest competition with Vatanen.

This is just insane. Dude has less then a 100 games played.
And he's doing very well on the eye test going against top competition.

Mueller benching is probably the single stupidiest thing Hynes has done so far

Reactions: mtnet and Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is just insane. Dude has less then a 100 games played.
And he's doing very well on the eye test going against top competition.

Mueller benching is probably the single stupidiest thing Hynes has done so far
I would like to see him shoot more. He's currently on a 27 point pace, which is not bad for a defensive defenseman, but he has a canon of a shot that if he got off more often, either will go straight in or will generate a tip or rebound.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Can't deny it at all, Mirco has looked great in stabilizing that pairing with Vatanen.

And some will still make the argument that we overpaid when we essentially turned half a season of Vernon Fiddler and half a season of Lee Stempniak into an (at the time) 22 year old former first round defender with size and possibly untapped potential (along with Marian Studenic if we want to get technical about it).

I hope he keeps it up. I thought he showed some serious promise last year before his unfortunate injury and he seems to be going even further with it right now.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I would like to see him shoot more. He's currently on a 27 point pace, which is not bad for a defensive defenseman, but he has a canon of a shot that if he got off more often, either will go straight in or will generate a tip or rebound.

This will come with experience, hopefully.

He probably has the hardest shot on the team with Palms

Reactions: mtnet and Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't deny it at all, Mirco has looked great in stabilizing that pairing with Vatanen.

And some will still make the argument that we overpaid when we essentially turned half a season of Vernon Fiddler and half a season of Lee Stempniak into an (at the time) 22 year old former first round defender with size and possibly untapped potential (along with Marian Studenic if we want to get technical about it).

I hope he keeps it up. I thought he showed some serious promise last year before his unfortunate injury and he seems to be going even further with it right now.
We probably overpaid on paper at the time, but if he keeps playing like this all season there is zero argument to be made that we overpaid for him. Even now it's looking like a good trade considering he is playing like a top 4 defenseman at this minute.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

This. Studies show the average NHL skater tends to plateau in performance between ages 22-25. That is why acquisitions like Mueller tend to work out and the splashy free agent signing does not. You want to acquire players with the ability to improve as opposed to 28 year old types of FA's since you are paying top value (money and trade value) for players who are unlikely to improve.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
overall, i liked zacha’s game...but seriously, it’s time to record a point. this is getting a little ridiculous

he basically created the Severson goal. Making the play with Bratt and then screening the goalie

yes, we want him to officially register a point, but he was a huge part in that goal

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
overall, i liked zacha’s game...but seriously, it’s time to record a point. this is getting a little ridiculous
lol, was thinking the same. I mean, like ZBC said, he deserves equal credit on the Severson goal and he was +2 on the night. But poor guy can't buy a point.

Was hoping he'd get a good rip on the 2-on-1 but, sadly, the puck never made it through.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
he basically created the Severson goal. Making the play with Bratt and then screening the goalie

yes, we want him to officially register a point, but he was a huge part in that goal
I thought he played a nice game overall.

Point droughts in hockey are tough because it's difficult to say "aight this game I have to get on the score sheet", sometimes the oppurtunities don't present themselves, sometimes the goalie just rob's you.

You have to keep playing your game and trust that eventually it will happen.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I've talked about this before, but you can always tell when Zacha has the confidence.

First couple games of the year, he definitely had it. He got stoned a few times. Then, he lost it for a few weeks.

Last night, he definitely had it again. Lets hope it keeps up.

Reactions: GameSeven

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I thought he played a nice game overall.

Point droughts in hockey are tough because it's difficult to say "aight this game I have to get on the score sheet", sometimes the oppurtunities don't present themselves, sometimes the goalie just rob's you.

You have to keep playing your game and trust that eventually it will happen.
you can't have a drought if the soil was never fertile to begin with :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad