Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
It seems to me that Vegas does somehow have the assets but Krebs is a holdup. I think an ideal semi realistic scenario is them getting Eichel and us trading for Stephenson

Their center depth is probably the worst in the entire league. They’ll need Stephenson cause god knows what Nolan Patrick can do and most importantly, stay healthy.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Their center depth is probably the worst in the entire league. They’ll need Stephenson cause god knows what Nolan Patrick can do and most importantly, stay healthy.

Obviously they'd still rather have him even with Eichel but if there's any chance they'd make the move I'm all over it

Reactions: Buck Dancer

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Czikas actually would fit the bill nicely and would improve our club. Krejci less so because he doesn’t kill penalties much (but maybe I am wrong about that, I don’t believe so but who knows).

I wonder if we resign Murray.

Only way we re-sign Murray is if we make a Subban trade.

We are at the point of the offseason where it is a game of waiting people out on everything. Not expecting much between now and camp (especially since camp is a month closer than previous years).

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
If we didn’t get Dougie then I’d say f*** it and let them try. I don’t feel like wasting a season and I think that going into the year without someone better and letting the young guys battle it out isn’t conducive to success this year

I dont think signing Dougie was about THIS season. Fitz didnt seem like he was going to make a top 6 wing move by hook or by crook. If I recall even mentioned the signing not being about THIS year. He said multiple times that we are still developing our young guys.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I dont think signing Dougie was about THIS season. Fitz didnt seem like he was going to make a top 6 wing move by hook or by crook. If I recall even mentioned the signing not being about THIS year. He said multiple times that we are still developing our young guys.

It's not but I think it should be. There's no reason that if we added say Bonino, Tarasenko/Tatar, Dougie, and Bernier they can't make a very strong playoff push. That wasn't an unreasonable ask for the offseason. I also don't think that's harming the development of the young guys. I don't think McLeod's ever more than a 4C but let's say he goes off this year and can be a 3C then you bump down Bonino to 4C. I'm not even sure Boqvist's an NHLer yet. Making a strong playoff push would do more for the development of the guys who matter most like Hischier, Hughes, Smith, Bratt, Blackwood. That's better than worrying about getting more playing time for guys like McLeod or Boqvist and sacrificing some wins.

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's not but I think it should be. There's no reason that if we added say Bonino, Tarasenko/Tatar, Dougie, and Bernier they can't make a very strong playoff push. That wasn't an unreasonable ask for the offseason. I also don't think that's harming the development of the young guys. I don't think McLeod's ever more than a 4C but let's say he goes off this year and can be a 3C then you bump down Bonino to 4C. I'm not even sure Boqvist's an NHLer yet. Making a strong playoff push would do more for the development of the guys who matter most like Hischier, Hughes, Smith, Bratt, Blackwood. That's better than worrying about getting more playing time for guys like McLeod or Boqvist and sacrificing some wins.
:nod:

Reactions: Hisch13r

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I’ll take Alex Tuch off their hands to clear some cap space in order for them to get Eichel. I’d give up a pretty sweet package to get him here, which would also be used by Vegas to flip to Buffalo.

Vegas doesn’t have the assets to get Eichel at the moment and if they added someone like Zacha+ Holtz + 2nd, it would help them generate a better package for Buffalo.

Yes, wishful thinking, I get that… but I want Alex Tuch, so leave me alone.

Whaat so we get them Eichel and we get Tuch no thanks....That's overpay for tuch

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I love JFresh but in no world are the Rangers or Flyers a 100 point team as currently constructed

He even said he played around with his model to see if there was something he should update and couldn’t find anything reasonable.

For the Rangers, they got rid of some bad players, had some injuries, and will have young player growth.

For Flyers it thinks the goaltending likely can’t be as bad.

So he agrees those look wrong and everyone is on the same page that the model is probably overrating them. :lol:

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad