Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Has Lou made a signing/hiring/acquisition in the last two years that hasn’t had Devils connection?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Kessel would be ok on the PP but that’s about it . Unless he is deployed correctly he would bleed goals against and not be a net positive at all . I don’t have any stats supporting this and I’m going off what I have read about him lol . If true , I’d way rather have Tarasenko . Guy can shoot snd also scorers dirty goals ( or used to prior to injury )

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Kessel would be ok on the PP but that’s about it . Unless he is deployed correctly he would bleed goals against and not be a net positive at all . I don’t have any stats supporting this and I’m going off what I have read about him lol . If true , I’d way rather have Tarasenko . Guy can shoot snd also scorers dirty goals ( or used to prior to injury )
16 of his 2o goals were even strength
maybe his skating sucks by now? I havent seen him play for a while

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
First Tennyson. Now Kowalsky gone too. It's Christmas in July & August right now people.

I am thinking that his contract was up and the Devils wanted to go a different direction. I dont think he left an NHL job for an AHL job.

I liked him but Im fine with the change I wonder if they will being anyone in?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Lmaooo everyone goes crawling back to Lou. That seems like a big demotion
It might be a sign that he shouldn’t have been our assistant coach but he didn’t have a job last season. I guess he was with the team in some way because I don’t think they had the heart to full on fire people. (Which is genuinely nice of them, lots of teams had no problem doing that and Buffalo literally fired almost everyone.)

He’s going to be a huge step up from typical ACs in the AHL which are often just ex-players. It’s a job.

edit: Was he still an assistant coach last year? I thought they just shoved him to the side and gave him a fake job.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
It might be a sign that he shouldn’t have been our assistant coach but he didn’t have a job last season. I guess he was with the team in some way because I don’t think they had the heart to full on fire people. (Which is genuinely nice of them, lots of teams had no problem doing that and Buffalo literally fired almost everyone.)

He’s going to be a huge step up from typical ACs in the AHL which are often just ex-players. It’s a job.

edit: Was he still an assistant coach last year? I thought they just shoved him to the side and gave him a fake job.

Yes he was an assistant last season with the Devils. Along with Nas, Recci, and Taylor.

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who else sucks that lou can have.... wedge?. Cory 2.0?, suban? The coach
Lou already had Cory last year and he couldn’t even get into one measly game, outside of dressing as Sorokin’s backup when they wanted to rest Varlamov. Not even after they clinched a playoff spot. I’m expecting a retirement announcement, along with him joining one of the networks sometime soon. Maybe signing overseas for one year (though I doubt he wants to play in Europe for a year) or more than likely another Islanders deal and this time for the AHL. He played a few AHL games this year, but he’s 35 and hasn’t played more than 5 (if even that, too lazy to look up right now) pro games in the last 1.5 years.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Nah man, you wish. Sure his potential is higher, but the current product on ice? Nico's still way ahead of him.

Theres no way he is WAY ahead.

I'll even settle for they are equal now, even though I would disagree. Nico has never dominated games for stretches like Jack did this past year. He has also never put up the underlying defensive numbers that Jack has this past year.

I love Nico, but come on.

Last edited:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Nah man, you wish. Sure his potential is higher, but the current product on ice? Nico's still way ahead of him.

I’m going to disagree. If I had to pick a healthy Jack or Nico for 1 game right now, I’d pick Jack.

His pre-Covid games this season were the most dominant we’ve seen any 1 player be since Hall’s MVP season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad