Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
By the way, is there any evidence that Shero and Hynes are as obsessed as we are of having 3 RHD playing on the right side and 3 LHD playing on the left side?

I don't think so.

I know Butcher can play both LD and RD - didn't one of Smith or Davies primarily play on the right side this past season?

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Yeah he definitely did not say that

a lot of you guys are taking his quotes way too far

He did say though that this is probably the last contract he signs, that he's tired of losing and wants to play for winner. Diplomatically, he was at least saying to Shero that if your plan is to continue to "build through the draft," then might as well trade me for more draft picks.

The good thing is that he said that before Jack Hughes was slated to become a Devil and that Ray at the same time said he agreed with what Hall was saying. The only issue will be whether Ray's intention to add talent will match up with results.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Here’s a tough pill to swallow: if we’ve been rebuilding for four seasons straight and have stagnated in terms of overall results and prospect development, then somebody is to blame. I’ll let you figure out the responsible party.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Here’s a tough pill to swallow: if we’ve been rebuilding for four seasons straight and have stagnated in terms of overall results and prospect development, then somebody is to blame. I’ll let you figure out the responsible party.

That doesn’t appear to be on the horizon for the Devils, so that’s good.

Reactions: Darkauron

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Am I the only one who thinks smith shouldn’t be looked at as a “lock” for next season. When we drafted him I recall Castron saying he needed a few years in juniors and didn’t want to rush a kid of his talent level. He’s only 19 and I think that especially at his position I wouldn’t want to throw him to the wolves. By no means am I saying he’s not ready but I think we should wait and see before plugging him in as a top 4 guy next season
Every single thing I've read about the kid insists there's nothing left for him to do in junior's. He's coming off of a monster season, can't play in the A, and - I believe - could have made the team last year if not for the weird glut they already had on the left side.

He'll be a few months older than Heiskanen currently is, who looks pretty damn good for Dallas right now. Obviously there's a draft position disparity there, but let's not act like it's impossible for young defenceman to shine. Not saying it's necessarily likely, but he certainly deserves to burn those 9 games with the big boys.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That's not an option. Hall has said to add or he'll walk and Shero wants to add too. You wanna piss off a franchise cornerstone, that's your call, but I wouldn't advise it.

He never said he's going to walk if he doesn't add. You're reading into it, and probably correctly, but he never actually said it.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So wait.

Michael Matheson and his 19 assists and 8 goals and being a goddamn minus 24 is preferable to you guys over Jake Gardiner who in his last full season had nearly 50 assists and out performs Matheson in nearly every stat?

K.

My point being here that if Jake Gardiner isn't the "impact upgrade defenseman" needed at the LHD position, Michael Matheson sure as shit isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->