Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
welp this is the same team as last year. no goalie is going to save us.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hasn't the entire team been terrible given that they're 0-5? Surely he's been among the best of the terrible?
Nope, he's been among the worst of the terrible. Today especially along with Severson is up there with the worst defensive performances I have ever seen.

Reactions: japhi and Darkauron

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I want Scott Stevens as our next coach, but figure Shero goes to the Pittsburgh pipeline. Again and again. I give Shero one season to make this team bigger, tougher and better defensively.

Stevens going to bat for Hynes makes me not want him at all. If he can’t see the structural issues then he isn’t a solution.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Stevens going to bat for Hynes makes me not want him at all. If he can’t see the structural issues then he isn’t a solution.

He's probably just under the assumption there 'is' an actual structured system here lol

I just chalk it up to the coaching fraternity. I don't think he bashed Pete either and Pete was basically the reason he was out of a job here.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
FWIW someone in Abbey's Twitter comments claims that Chico said Greene broke his finger blocking a shot.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I'm giving PK a pass because he looks healthy and I imagine under a better (Or any actual) system he'd be a lot better of a player.

Not saying he's been great, but who has?

yeah i’d like to criticize nico, but it’s hard when almost EVERYBODY sucks

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
FWIW someone in Abbey's Twitter comments claims that Chico said Greene broke his finger blocking a shot.

Did he get injured before or after that golf outing that they showed last game on the pregame show? Because he was definitely playing golf.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Nope, he's been among the worst of the terrible. Today especially along with Severson is up there with the worst defensive performances I have ever seen.

Yes he lost his coverage twice today. Stronger stick and he could have easily prevented two goals. And was on for at least one more. The problem with PK is he needs a partner that can cover for him, his positioning is weak.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
You know it's weird, but after the first six games of the season, I actually kind of understand why Edmonton traded Hall for Larsson. And I don't mean that at all in terms of Hall specifically, but just to be that desperate for some stability on the blue line.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Coming into the season most of the relative unknowns have gone in the wrong direction for us.

Gusev is not adjusting well to the NHL and his game is translating quite poorly.
Hughes does not look ready for a top 6 role.
Subban is not playing like a #1 Dman and looks like he is continuing to slow down.
Simmonds is kinda of as expected at even strength with a lack of production, however he has not anything on the PP.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You know it's weird, but after the first six games of the season, I actually kind of understand why Edmonton traded Hall for Larsson. And I don't mean that at all in terms of Hall specifically, but just to be that desperate for some stability on the blue line.

It wouldn’t help with how we are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad