Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Personally I would like to see Bratt on the power play especially for the zone entries.

The PK has been waiting for us on our entries because, predictably, when we do make it over the blue line, we spread out and try to set up, kick it to the point, etc., and they are picking off those initial passes by shutting down the options on that first pass after entry.

Our solution should be to take the puck right at and to the net. Force the PK to respect the current rush right low to the goal, otherwise you will never get space up high.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I'd be upset if they fired Shero .. he's a good GM at acquiring talent, but he is stubborn at forcing changes to the coaching staff. I think I'm league circles John Hynes is considered a quality coach, but nothing has been working this year. I still think we need to show a bit more patience, but I'm growing weary like everyone else.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

denial.jpg

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He sounds like a politician at this point. Hollow words, feel-good sound bites, but nothing by way of tangible results or progress.

Nothing he said in that interview means anything. It's all hot air. He's talking out of his ass.

"We have to have urgency to fix the areas that need fixing" - I agree; Shero has to have urgency to fix the glaring inadequacies behind the bench.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
It starts with the defense, we have by far the worst in the league

Greene-been over the hill for years, brings absolutely nothing
Vatanen-decent 2nd pairing guy
Subban-not the player he used to be, 2nd pairing at best
Severson-hardly an NHL player
Mueller-AHL fodder
Carrick-wouldnt even be a good AHL player
Butcher-bottom pairing guy

Probably our most stable and calm defenseman right now AINEC

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Some interesting insights to Buffalo's PP:

Now go back and watch our PP. Our wings are way too deep, so the point man can't get a pass to them. Our guys are on the wrong sides, so no one-timers. It's like Hynes and the other two stooges could teach classes on how to f*** up a PP. Are they seriously all blind!?!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Now go back and watch our PP. Our wings are way too deep, so the point man can't get a pass to them. Our guys are on the wrong sides, so no one-timers. It's like Hynes and the other two stooges could teach classes on how to **** up a PP. Are they seriously all blind!?!
Gusev plays on his off hand side. Hall's one timer vs Philly was on his off hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad