Devils 2019-20 Preseason/Season team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
So what does everyone think our goal song should be
upload_2019-9-13_14-29-40.jpeg

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The goal song is being talked about because the front office on the non hockey ops end thought it was a great idea to do this nonsense rigged contest.

While some of you may not care what song is played it is a part of the experience of going to the game and I for one certainly don't want to hear that dog sh*t song hip hop hooray several times in one night if it was up to me.

If you don't like that discussion it's really not that hard to scroll right on past it.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
The goal song is being talked about because the front office on the non hockey ops end thought it was a great idea to do this nonsense rigged contest.

While some of you may not care what song is played it is a part of the experience of going to the game and I for one certainly don't want to hear that dog sh*t song hip hop hooray several times in one night if it was up to me.

If you don't like that discussion it's really not that hard to scroll right on past it.
There's a ticket/prudential center thread for topics like that.

Reactions: The Wumpus

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
R&Rpt2 isn’t coming back, this isn’t up for debate. Glitter is a super pedo, which isn’t up for debate and not wanting to give him royalties is not some slippery slope cancel culture thing.

That part of the discussion is over. Period.

If you want to talk about Howl or the other two choices to replace it. Fine. Though I suggest a couple of you seriously take a chill pill or three. Not one of the songs suggested is some ear bleeding crime against humanity. You might not like them, and that’s fine, but the added drama is extremely silly since everyone is going to forget about this discussion by the third home game anyway.

Normal discussion on the song is allowed in this thread. If you don’t like it. Scroll past it. Anymore complaints will be considered spam.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018

You tryin to get shut out dude?

Reactions: glenwo2

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yeah, this is what is driving the goal song discussion. You know, those classic national highlights packages we all watch and we're always picking out the songs teams play and what the crowd is saying.

Thank you... this was just a silly post you quoted. Nobody gives a crap about another teams goal song. I don't know if it's unique to this fan base but a lot of y'all complain and bitch about truly petty and irrelevant issues.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Devils hockey is just a weekend away!

For those wondering, tickets for the preseason game on Monday are dirt cheap on StubHub.

Can’t say it enough but I hope those fans that love local take advantage of going to see our boys live as much as possible. I miss it so much and seeing them play as the away team isn’t even close to the same experience. I really think that I am going to fly up this year with my wife and 4 year old to bring him to his first ever nhl hockey game. Now to pick what Saturday game would be best....

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I thought they were going to practice today but I guess not.

Yeah does anyone else not recall them doing an entirely separate day of on-ice testing in addition to the off-ice stuff? Seems a bit overdone and that actual practicing would be more beneficial (not that I think it makes much of a difference)

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
team strength = wing
team weakness = defense

so naturally, lets trade one of our best 2 DMen for another (high priced) winger!

except laine makes one of our other wingers (hall, palms, bratt, etc) expendable, who we could trade in a package for a severson upgrade. hell we could trade for laine, sign him, then flip him for someone way better than severson.

the guy doesn’t know how to score less than 30 goals, and you’re going to let damon severson stand in the way of that? my god

Reactions: Taylor Hall

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
One thing to keep in mind here is that Nashville was also using it at the time i believe.

Nashville got around it but that fan base has all kinds of chants, they acutally added a song that allows for a "You Suck" chant and no one seems to care about them.

They crack me up with those goalie taunts after a goal, primarily in playoffs I believe. When they sing song the opposing goalie's name and then really loud "all your fault" three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad