Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I would love to go on a rant about casual misogyny but this isn't the time or place for it. I'll just say, if you look this woman and make a comment on how sexy she is, you should be required to make a comment on how sexy you find Steve and Daneyko as well.
but i don't swing that way :sarcasm:

i disagree with catcalls and whistles, but i don't think it's a crime to call a woman attractive (sexy is a bit risque). but that's for the TaN (thread about nothing)

Reactions: glenwo2

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah OK, looks are never taken into consideration in on-air jobs . Lol

always found it amazing that majority of these jobs go to sexy men and women. like being attractive is a requirement. maybe it was 20/30 years ago but now? not so much needed imo

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Fat guys commentating sports on television or even who are just sports wrtiers get referred to as such by fans and players all the time. Charles Barkley used to refer to Bill Conlin as Jabba the Hutt.

I know nothing about her at the moment, except that she's attractive. If she's terrible at her job though, it won't do anything for me. If people weren't aware there is something called the internet that allows literally anyone with a pulse to watch attractive women (or not so attractive women, if that's your thing) doing things much more interesting than telling you what Blake Coleman was thinking when he scored his seventh goal of the season, if you know what I mean.

As long as she doesn't end up weighing 450 pounds or developing some extremely disturbing mole on her forehead, I won't care about her looks when things get down to business.

the round mound of rebound would know :laugh:

Reactions: New Jersey

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
they are canning the msg hockey show? thats pretty crazy when you think about it. msg is kinda meh entertainment wise for original programming you would think they'd want to hang their hat on something? having 3 hockey teams in the metro area should give them a chance to use that. i never watched the msg hockey show partly because i just didnt like the hosts and i believe they covered all the nhl and not the local stuff. i liked hockey night live a lot better.

they should look into doing something with the local high schools and the colleges around here

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
they are canning the msg hockey show? thats pretty crazy when you think about it. msg is kinda meh entertainment wise for original programming you would think they'd want to hang their hat on something? having 3 hockey teams in the metro area should give them a chance to use that. i never watched the msg hockey show partly because i just didnt like the hosts and i believe they covered all the nhl and not the local stuff. i liked hockey night live a lot better.

they should look into doing something with the local high schools and the colleges around here

I liked Arda, he always stuck up for the Devils on that Rags-biased Hockey Show

Reactions: New Jersey

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I would love to go on a rant about casual misogyny but this isn't the time or place for it. I'll just say, if you look this woman and make a comment on how sexy she is, you should be required to make a comment on how sexy you find Steve and Daneyko as well.

OK. Steve and Daneyko are not sexy.

Now that that's out the way, this new person is definitely more sexier than them.

Reactions: mtnet

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Arda sucked so glad he is gone. MSG hockey show also sucked.

This. Arda was the worst of the bunch but the other guy Will Reeve was just as bad, also had no idea that was his name until I Googled it cause I couldn't remember it and found out he's Christopher Reeves son lol definitely see the resemblance. I didn't care much for Carter on this show either.

Reactions: mtnet and Darkauron

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
OK. Steve and Daneyko are not sexy.

Now that that's out the way, this new person is definitely more sexier than them.
Maybe sexy isn't the right word but rather presentation. No one would hire Dano looking like he did after game 7 in '03 but he shaved, put in some teeth and now looks professional on camera. Every on talent personality has to have at least a baseline level of presentation and professionalism, even the players.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018

I read this like 5 times. I don't understand what the heck this is supposed to be about. Nor do I understand why a bunch of guys in a hockey place cant simply have a little fun (amongst themselves) with an attractive woman walking by anymore. It must be exhausting to be some of you guys.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You cannot tell me that she's more qualified than Arda Ocal who is practically a hockey genius..

I don't think I've ever seen a bigger phony than Arda on MSG. Everything about the guy screams try hard fake. He talks like he's reading lines and does it poorly. Hockey genius is the last thing I think of when I think of him.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
White knights assemble lol, good god you people suck the joy out of everything. Total eye candy which I have zero problem with plus I really don't care if Erika has an extensive knowledge of the Devils (for now). As long as she can ask a fairly competent question between periods or after the game I don't care. She's pretty good on TV, not the bumbling cluster f*** Deb was at times, she'll be fine.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
It's entertainment...end of the day looks matter. We can fight about if it should or not, fact is right now it does.

Why would we fight about it? Seriously can you imagine if one of these guys were your friends? Like you're out at dinner and you're like - "oh man look at that thing" and your buddy goes "well, i really don't appreciate you saying that, if you are going to say that I am going to insist that you say somethnig nice about the gentleman she is walking with". Goodness what went wrong for you people?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I challenge every single one of you not to mention her appearance, because it means absolutely nothing in regards to her ability to do her job, you sexist pigs.

Bullsh*t. She is meant to be *seen* on TV and her looks, appearance, grooming habits etc are all part of the reason she is being hired and why I wouldn't be.

If she was the radio personality, you are absolutely correct. In this particular case - you are simply not.

....and Puhlllllleeeezze. We are so up to our necks in attempting to be browning asexual automatons that the world has become the most covertly sexist, racist place it has been since I've been on the planet... and I've lived a bit in the 70s.

Anonymity and PC Groupthink assimilation has subverted common decency.

/Rant.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's entertainment...end of the day looks matter. We can fight about if it should or not, fact is right now it does.

They matter until they don’t. If she’s a train wreck people will be killing her looks or no looks. But really studio host is not as involved with hockey knowledge as everyone makes it, you need to ask a few scripted questions and run a studio, you don’t need a hockey PHD to host the preview and recap stuff.

Reactions: glenwo2

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Does anyone else get the feeling Shero is holding onto our cap space really tightly? Im expecting some big contracts to be signed and possibly a big name or two acquired in the next few years.

Weve cut pennies on all our contracts this summer and are arguing with Wood over what will be a mil or less on the cap per year. Seems odd given our current status and cap space - Shero is certainly keeping this as open as possible for the future.

And no it isnt just good GMing if Wood misses camp. Not saying its bad GMing, just pinching pennies which leads me to believe there are big steps for NJ in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->