Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah OK, looks are never taken into consideration in on-air jobs . Lol

People are living in such fear of themselves right now its hilarious. We get it, you are not a sexist/racist. You're good! We get it! Please, relax and enjoy the television broadcast. Maybe have a beer.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Saying "nice on the eyes" falls well short of a teachable #MeToo moment, let's be real

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
That host does in between period and post game player interviews

She needs to know the game, the players, etc or she will look out of place and scorned by fans

She also needs to know when to get out of the way after an ice scrape and the doors need to be closed, LOL! Anyone remember which game that was?

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yeah OK, looks are never taken into consideration in on-air jobs . Lol

Exactly. I mean, look over at NHLN for example ..... never mind.

cut.jpeg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I would love to go on a rant about casual misogyny but this isn't the time or place for it. I'll just say, if you look this woman and make a comment on how sexy she is, you should be required to make a comment on how sexy you find Steve and Daneyko as well.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I would love to go on a rant about casual misogyny but this isn't the time or place for it. I'll just say, if you look this woman and make a comment on how sexy she is, you should be required to make a comment on how sexy you find Steve and Daneyko as well.

I think the board has its moments when it comments on the male player attractiveness, so it seems pretty fair.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I challenge every single one of you not to mention her appearance, because it means absolutely nothing in regards to her ability to do her job, you sexist pigs.

Fat guys commentating sports on television or even who are just sports wrtiers get referred to as such by fans and players all the time. Charles Barkley used to refer to Bill Conlin as Jabba the Hutt.

I know nothing about her at the moment, except that she's attractive. If she's terrible at her job though, it won't do anything for me. If people weren't aware there is something called the internet that allows literally anyone with a pulse to watch attractive women (or not so attractive women, if that's your thing) doing things much more interesting than telling you what Blake Coleman was thinking when he scored his seventh goal of the season, if you know what I mean.

As long as she doesn't end up weighing 450 pounds or developing some extremely disturbing mole on her forehead, I won't care about her looks when things get down to business.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
In other team related news, looks like other teams are releasing their training camp rosters today. I guess we will too at some point today.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
In fairness, Steve is a handsome man.

I’m sure Erika will do her job well, just as Deb did. I’m sure she won’t be able to replace Deb’s ridiculous tan, though.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So here's the thing that bugs me a little bit... Other hires (Stein, Baicker, Robenhymer) have a lot of hockey knowledge and worked in hockey for years before coming to the Devils (and Baicker has sinced moved on).... Scrolling through Erika's Instagram/Twitter (not as creepy as it sounds) there's absolutely zero evidence of anything hockey related.

I had said in this thread that I was pretty positive they were going to hire a young female... and there's nothing wrong with that... I knew it was going to happen. I don't care about her looks. That's not the point. You cannot tell me that she's more qualified than Arda Ocal who is practically a hockey genius..... or Julie Robenhymer who is good in front of the camera and very knowledgeable.

I'm sure she'll be fine... but I'm kind of disappointed.

yeah but she’s replacing deb, not salvador. how much in depth knowledge did deb bring to the table?

i’ll just edit it myself and save the mods the trouble

Reactions: glenwo2

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Commenting on appearance isn't misogyny, ffs.

Would you call women who drool over "baseball butts" similarly sexist? How dare they objectify!

Give me a break.

Whatever, back to the point. I'm excited for her for her new opportunity, and I'm excited for the network to have a new face and fresh blood. Deb had grown painfully stale.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27 and glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad