Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
oh dear God no, I want WAY more than an end of the 2nd round pick to take FOUR YEARS of Bobby Ryan's contract. That is horrendous for us.

I mean way to just make a broad generalization based on nothing

we could very easily give up not much of anything and take on Callahan with a small sweetener without giving up anything near our 1st
Based on common sense knowing Tampa cannot trade their first round pick

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Let me try this
To Tampa: EK
To Ottawa: Foote, NJ 1st, Severson, Raddysh
To NJ: Stone, Kucherov, Sergachev, Johnson

Am I doing it right guys?

No deal. We can’t afford to give up Severson on the right side. Swap for Mueller, that’s more even.

/s

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
If Shero got a 2nd round pick with Marc savards contract and a 4th rounder for fiddler lol then you have to imagine a worse contract (Callahan and/or Ryan) gets the devils a HUGE return

Reactions: Smitty426 and Japam

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I really doubt Johnson would waive his NTC to leave Tampa for NJ for many of the same reasons that have been speculated as Karlsson motives. Cup contender, no income tax, etc.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Because it increases our return and helps complete the trade.

We send our 1st in place of Tampa's and Tampa pays us for that and Callahan's contract.

Why are we doing this though, we are helping two teams out while our return PROBABLY won't be THAT good. Like who would Tampa realistically trade us that would be worth our first which very well could be a lottery pick?

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Why are we doing this though, we are helping two teams out while our return PROBABLY won't be THAT good. Like who would Tampa realistically trade us that would be worth our first which very well could be a lottery pick?
How are we a lottery pick team? Protect it top 10 I guess idk.

We could get Foote+ or Gourde I think with our 1st going the other way

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We aren’t directly competing with Tampa. Our goal in the next two years is top 3 in the Metro.

Tampa will never be in the wild card.

If we can get better by helping this out we should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->