Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Right now i think butcher is the 4th or 5th best d man on the team. I think Ty Smith will be better than him soon too. I think Severson served better as the PP QB and Subban/Ty Smith moving forward are better than him. As a bottom pair D man who can move the puck and fill in on the PP when needed I would love Will Butcher. He unfortunately will demand that type of contract mentioned long term and I dont think its viable to pay him that much depending on what they do with Vats.
I have it:
Subban
Severson/Butcher
Vatanen
Greene
Carrick/Mueller

Reactions: Bleedred

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
agreed. we shouldn’t be getting ahead of ourselves and ruling out bringing him back for another year. if smith looks like the real deal, then yeah we can move on. i really hope that happens
I think Mueller, because he plays a more defensive role including PK, like Greene currently does, could be a factor here as well.

Now will Mueller get enough minutes this year to prove himself capable? Going to be tough.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Was starting to get concerned it was never coming back. And Reddit is just nowhere near as good - both from a Devils board and general NHL board perspective IMO. I don’t understand how poster leave here for there.

Reddit is a way better site for general discussion. The average HF user is more knowledgeable but the average HF user is also a massive dick which made me stop using the site for a long time

Reactions: Billdo

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Reddit is a way better site for general discussion. The average HF user is more knowledgeable but the average HF user is also a massive dick which made me stop using the site for a long time
I think hf forces you to argue your point, since you needed to back up your statements. With Reddit, you throw a witty zinger and collect your upvotes. We're seeing that here on hf with the like function, but I think the community as a whole is one that tends to debate/discuss while laying out facts

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel like he’s done enough for the franchise to earn a year with a C passed on to someone else as a 7d.
And I feel like since he's done enough for the franchise that he won't want to come back as the 7th defenseman, after spending 5 years as the captain here and almost 14 years as a player here. And I'm also not sure they'd even want him to come back as the 7th defenseman. If he comes back, he'll be a top-6 defenseman on the team.

That would almost be like if Ken Daneyko came back after 2003 and was used as the 7th defenseman. They gave that role to the same aged Tommy Albelin instead, who was already in that role the prior year or two. I even remember Dano saying shortly after he retired that he and Lou had talked about that and him coming back as the 7th defenseman that would be a healthy scratch more often than not if everyone were healthy, and that they both agreed it wasn't the right role for him going forward and that he should just retire.

I feel like that's what Greene would do, if it came down to him coming back as a defenseman that wouldn't have a guaranteed spot in the lineup every night to at least start the season.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have it:
Subban
Severson/Butcher
Vatanen
Greene
Carrick/Mueller
No way bro. Butcher is WAYYYYY TOOO HEYE BRO! He should be below Greene and maybe even Mueller and barely above Carrick!

But seriously though, I pretty much agree with this. I'd accept Vatanen over Butcher though. I agree with your list mostly though.

I'd probably put Mueller above Carrick too.

Reactions: DVision44

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
good guy scotty

B46-A8-AE5-B2-CE-4-B85-B193-BDCDC973-B25-A.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Staff hunting? I seriously had to google that, and oh my god, it's the most Far Hills/Bedminster thing ever.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Did anyone watch Amanda Steins one on one with P.K.? Dude has a great outlook on life and embraces what hockey allows him to do. I love his infectious happiness...I guess it’s too over-the-top for some people?

just like in any other sport, anyone who celebrates "too hard" or is overly happy just pisses off people. His story about his logo and signature celebration that amanda tweeted out was great too, it's very bizarre how much people objectively hate on athletes who celebrate doing amazing things.

Reactions: Pavail Zachupov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad