Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XlV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Lou never traded with the Rangers all those years we were in first and they were in neverneverland. We're a rival cause we're a local division team that essentially kicked him upstairs.

Lou traded with the Islanders fairly often. Terreri/Vanbiesbrouck, Rolston/Hunter, I want to say Nemchinov came from the Islanders but I'm not sure.

That said, I don't really see a ton of spots for our guys over there. Their bottom 6 is already almost all veterans.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Sure...Boyle + Noesen for the Islanders 1st.

while i think lou would deal with us, i don’t see us prying a 1st rounder from his cold wrinkly fingers. but i’m sure boyle would be a great fit on the isles, i’d send them boyle for a 2nd and a 5th

Reactions: Aethon

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lou traded with the Islanders fairly often. Terreri/Vanbiesbrouck, Rolston/Hunter, I want to say Nemchinov came from the Islanders but I'm not sure.

That said, I don't really see a ton of spots for our guys over there. Their bottom 6 is already almost all veterans.
Nemchinov was traded from the Islanders to the Devils for a 4th round pick by Mike Millbury....you are correct

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Seeing #13 on Cammalleri was more disturbing I think. It seemed so immediate that it could only be perceived as a big F. U. to the past.

Almost vindictive I would say.
Noooo, this what was disturbing.

827297A3-7997-4D7C-9B25-54EBA1275EFE.jpeg

B91920D9-029D-4135-898E-E0A8F3591A22.jpeg

Yuck :help:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Lou would take Boyle

He already traded for him once before

I'd hate to remove him from this locker room, he's a pro's pro, but a 2nd and a decent prospect has to be done if offered.

Definitely for a 1st, but Lou would not do that.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
We need to move guys. I'm happy to sign them again in the offseason for by the deadline, but we need assets and continue the building and stock piling.

Camille the Eel

Draft picks aren’t the only assets. I would think that if you know the AHL rosters of all the clubs, their juniors and Ontario and other rosters (there’s a bewildering to me system of minor league hockey clubs), and your personnel assessments are shrewd, couldn’t great value be had there potentially. And with those guys it’s not a pig in a poke - you know whom you are getting - and there’s already been a few years development so the prospects can be closer to NHL ready.

That’s how baseball deals get made but you don’t see it as much in hockey.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Lou would take Boyle

He already traded for him once before

I'd hate to remove him from this locker room, he's a pro's pro, but a 2nd and a decent prospect has to be done if offered.

Not for Boyle alone, but if the 1st is in play add Johansson as well and maybe he goes for it

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Noooo, this what was disturbing.

View attachment 177873
View attachment 177877

Yuck :help:
He produced very well while he was here... it's always a gamble to sign an older player to too many years but 111 points in 171 games was pretty good. Even though he did decline to the point of not being worth his contract, I still like to salute the contribution he did make.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't think MarJo fits in over there.
But maybe so

How bout Boyle and LJ for a 2nd and Golyshev?

I don't know anything about him...but hes going to be 24 in a couple of months, he's in the KHL and by looking at his stats has never played in North America... Is he planning on leaving the KHL anytime soon? Seems like a lot of risk?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't know anything about him...but hes going to be 24 in a couple of months, he's in the KHL and by looking at his stats has never played in North America... Is he planning on leaving the KHL anytime soon? Seems like a lot of risk?

He's highly skilled
Ray should offer him Big $ and get him over here, if we do that deal

Or take a chance on Ho-Sang ?

Last edited:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don't think MarJo fits in over there.
But maybe so

How bout Boyle and LJ for a 2nd and Golyshev?

Don’t know much about him but I’m all for the Devils packaging assets for a quality return versus a handful of meh quantity returns....if they can do it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Don't be so sure of that

Not for Boyle alone, but if the 1st is in play add Johansson as well and maybe he goes for it

I'm not giving up Boyle AND Johansson for a first when they're individually worth a 2nd a piece to a playoff team. I still think a team needing a 4th line center at the deadline offers a first for a guy like Boyle though.

Reactions: Japam

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Don't be so sure of that

I'm not giving up Boyle AND Johansson for a first when they're individually worth a 2nd a piece to a playoff team. I still think a team needing a 4th line center at the deadline offers a first for a guy like Boyle though.

Eh it's debatable...I'd trade two mid-late 2's for a mid-late 1 though.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Draft picks aren’t the only assets. I would think that if you know the AHL rosters of all the clubs, their juniors and Ontario and other rosters (there’s a bewildering to me system of minor league hockey clubs), and your personnel assessments are shrewd, couldn’t great value be had there potentially. And with those guys it’s not a pig in a poke - you know whom you are getting - and there’s already been a few years development so the prospects can be closer to NHL ready.

That’s how baseball deals get made but you don’t see it as much in hockey.

In baseball, the draft is 50 rounds plus there's international players - the minor leagues have 6 gradations and it's very rare that a player skips the minors entirely. It's just not that way in hockey - there's basically 2 gradations; no one makes the NHL from a league lower than the ECHL except on very rare occasions. Moreover, the data is just way worse - NHL teams have access to AHL time on ice data, but I don't know how much deeper things go there. I think other teams' prospects are buyer beware - the organization that drafts a player is just know going to know more about their own prospects than an outside organization can. The biggest inefficiency in NHL prospect trades is that teams seem to give up on players for weird reasons.

In MLB, also, teams cannot trade their draft picks.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Don't be so sure of that

You value 2 2nds over one 1st? Why?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You value 2 2nds over one 1st? Why?

Any GM in the league would make that trade on draft day. A 45 and a 50 (at most) for a 20-25? You're giving up a 2 to move up twenty spots. Just last year the Rangers gave up #48 overall to move up FOUR spots (from #26 to #22).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad