Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part Xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I like the Nashville comparison.

People dislike the idea of trading Butcher(who, because of Smith it makes more sense to trade then Sev's) but if we could get a young legit 2c back in return?

You do it and don’t hesitate. Butcher is great on the power play - Smith can replace that. He’s also limited and likely best as a bottom pairing defender - plenty of others can fill that role.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
In fact I believe Doughty is quoted saying something along the lines of

‘I just want to f***ing contend for a cup’

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
not sure we have the realistic assets to get Doughty

it would likely START with our 2019 1st and Ty Smith, though

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
not sure we have the realistic assets to get Doughty

it would likely START with our 2019 1st and Ty Smith, though
Isnt their left side stronger?

Id do our first, second, Severson, Wood, and one of our better prospects not named Smith

Think that would suffice?

Edit: added second

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Perhaps that;s the wrong term, but when *I* say stay at home defenseman, it's a catch-all for defensive minded defensemen. I neither Mueller and Santini are the old school typical lump in front of the net. They're both mobile and can pass. With some more time and experience, their first pass out of the zone will be better.

I want at least 2 defensemen that I feel comfortable with on the PK. I'm not sure I'd be happy with any of the offensive minded ones there.

Nurse

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I seriously am trying to be more accepting of things

But I cannot f***ing stand Danyeko’s constant yelling, not to mention over Cangielosi. That god damn idiot needs to shut up, its really f***ing obnoxious. Not only do I have to deal with the on ice product but the constant ‘WOAHHHHH’ and ‘OHHHMYY’ as he chokes on spit

Im totally over that asshole, former Devil or not he NEEDS to go

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I seriously am trying to be more accepting of things

But I cannot ****ing stand Danyeko’s constant yelling, not to mention over Cangielosi. That god damn idiot needs to shut up, its really ****ing obnoxious. Not only do I have to deal with the on ice product but the constant ‘WOAHHHHH’ and ‘OHHHMYY’ as he chokes on spit

Im totally over that *******, former Devil or not he NEEDS to go
He has the gift of gab, but it doesn't translate well to color commentating.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
No one should. However, Doughty signed an 8-year extension that kicks in 2019-20 at $11M per year.

Oh, I missed that. In that case, I'd offer the moon for him.

Ok so I took like 5 minutes to see what the kings need, and there isn't much the devils can offer sadly. Trading our d-men / d prospects does nothing for them, unless they wanna go full rebuild and shed salary I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelJ

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like Dano, but he's too jolly and sometimes too homerish. Homerish as in hyping up routine shots and saves, always finding silver linings.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lines should be this when the boys are healthy.

Bratt Hischier Palmieri
Hall Zacha Johansson
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Seney Boyle

Wood and Noesen are interchangeable. Having Hall play with Zacha will definitely help PZ produce and I think Zacha can compliment Hall’s game since he has been playing much better as of late. It also allows Hall and Hischier to drive their own lines. We need that one two punch while Zajacs line can be the checking line and eat up tough minutes when needed.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Lines should be this when the boys are healthy.

Bratt Hischier Palmieri
Hall Zacha Johansson
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Seney Boyle

Wood and Noesen are interchangeable. Having Hall play with Zacha will definitely help PZ produce and I think Zacha can compliment Hall’s game since he has been playing much better as of late. It also allows Hall and Hischier to drive their own lines. We need that one two punch while Zajacs line can be the checking line and eat up tough minutes when needed.
Only changes Id make are switching lines 2 and 3 and swapping Hall

Bratt Hischier Palmieri
Hall Zajac Coleman
Johansson Zacha ????

I dont like Noesen in the top 9

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I like Dano, but he's too jolly and sometimes too homerish. Homerish as in hyping up routine shots and saves, always finding silver linings.

The ohhh boy has grown on me in certain situations lol, but yes 'trading off' Dano for Sal would be ideal.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No way I would trade for Doughty, that is a quick way to f*** our franchise for another 5-6 years. It would take some premium assets to get it done, and he's already 29 so his window for his prime is running out in 3-4 years.

Reactions: Billdo and MichaelJ

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Dano is great except the highly annoying oh boys or OHHH

He talks over Cangy when he does it and ruins the moment

Someone in production at MSG needs to swap Dano with Sal. Dano would be better at Sal's job, and Sal would be better at Dano's job.

When Sal speaks Xs & Os, you learn, and Dano would be a better intermission cheerleader. MSG has them backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad