Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part Xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No fair, Bratt missed a good chunk of the season.

At 5v5 he is 4th on the team in shots per 60 at 9.06 per. Nearly double his shot out put from last year.

Edit:Conversely his pp shots per 60 are way down. 8.7 last year compared to 4.25 this year, and he has yet to score a pp goal this year. And while I don't have the splits I'm sure his pp #'s were much better earlier last year then they were later on.
Yeah, he's at almost 2 shots per game and has averaged a bit more than 14 minutes.

I'm still not sure why his icetime is so low in some of these games.

Reactions: Maine Fan

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
No fair, Bratt missed a good chunk of the season.

At 5v5 he is 4th on the team in shots per 60 at 9.06 per. Nearly double his shot out put from last year.

Edit:Conversely his pp shots per 60 are way down. 8.7 last year compared to 4.25 this year, and he has yet to score a pp goal this year. And while I don't have the splits I'm sure his pp #'s were much better earlier last year then they were later on.
ah true, forgot to project forward.

if he played 33 games, he'd have 63 shots, which would be good for 9th on the team.

his shot % is crazy low though

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We need PZ to take that next step and be a consistent threat in the O zone

He has done well vs Rawly in his career

BC is a very key cog of course

Hynes would be a stooge to not go back to Big Mac

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
More craziness from Pickles:

He's 3rd on the team in shots with 105 only behind Palms (114) and Hall (113). He plays only 15:51 on average a night with no PP time and nearly 3 minutes per game shorthanded compared to Palms (18:20 total, 3:16 PP) and Hall (19:41 total, 3:23 PP).

It's unreal how well he's playing for us this year.
That's why people roll out 5v5 per 60 stats. Even though I feel other folk will roll their eye's at the multiple layers.

But ya, Coleman leads the team in 5v5 shots per 60(Wood is 2nd, Hall 3rd Bratt 4th).

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That's why people roll out 5v5 per 60 stats. Even though I feel other folk will roll their eye's at the multiple layers.

But ya, Coleman leads the team in 5v5 shots per 60(Wood is 2nd, Hall 3rd Bratt 4th).

Makes sense, I think I need to read into these more. This is advanced as I've gotten in some time :laugh: and I have a tough time trying to figure out all of the different stats you can find for this type of info.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
For his career, in about 2000 5v5 minutes played, Zacha has 5 secondary assists. Zero this year, 4 last year, just 1 the year prior.

That's pretty impressive.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
And his efforts helped the team win regardless of points. Thats what you have to take away from it.

i mean yeah that’s nice and everything. but we scored 5 goals, he played 16+ minutes, almost THREE on the PP...and came up completely empty, again. we can overlook it because we won, i get it...but it’s getting a little ridiculous

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
i mean yeah that’s nice and everything. but we scored 5 goals, he played 16+ minutes, almost THREE on the PP...and came up completely empty, again. we can overlook it because we won, i get it...but it’s getting a little ridiculous

Zacha's problem this season has been with taking shots and being in the shooting area. In 20 of his 31 games this season, he's registered 1 or 0 shots. That's not good enough for a player who plays the kind of minutes he does. Last night he got 7 shots and had at least one great shot-assist.

The Devils got steamrolled 5v5 except when him and Wood were out there. Performances last night will get him on the scoresheet.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah it’s consistency with Zacha. He has games like last night, and it’s more luck he didn’t get on the score sheet.

Problem is he still has too many games where he isn’t playing the right way like last night, and he will never score in those types of games.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Zacha's problem this season has been with taking shots and being in the shooting area. In 20 of his 31 games this season, he's registered 1 or 0 shots. That's not good enough for a player who plays the kind of minutes he does. Last night he got 7 shots and had at least one great shot-assist.

The Devils got steamrolled 5v5 except when him and Wood were out there. Performances last night will get him on the scoresheet.

true, true. his shot assist totals have been spectacular

Reactions: Blender

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
true, true. his shot assist totals have been spectacular

I get that this is just you taking the easy way out by pretending to not understand a simple concept, but no, they haven't; they've been awful. It's part of why he has 0 assists so far this season.

Reactions: R8NJ

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I get that this is just you taking the easy way out by pretending to not understand a simple concept, but no, they haven't; they've been awful. It's part of why he has 0 assists so far this season.

oh i understand the concept, i just refuse to assign it any meaning because it’s ridiculous. you said last night he had one, but it was pretty great. do they track quality shot assists vs non-quality shot assists? per 60 perhaps? how far down the rabbit hole must one go before you can say he can’t produce for shit and should rightfully be our 4th line center if that?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
oh i understand the concept, i just refuse to assign it any meaning because it’s ridiculous. you said last night he had one, but it was pretty great. do they track quality shot assists vs non-quality shot assists? per 60 perhaps? how far down the rabbit hole must one go before you can say he can’t produce for **** and should rightfully be our 4th line center if that?
The most important question is whether there has been an analysis conducted that shows shot-assists is a meaningful statistic on its own. I'm legitimately interested to know.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
oh i understand the concept, i just refuse to assign it any meaning because it’s ridiculous. you said last night he had one, but it was pretty great. do they track quality shot assists vs non-quality shot assists? per 60 perhaps? how far down the rabbit hole must one go before you can say he can’t produce for **** and should rightfully be our 4th line center if that?

Right, it's 'ridiculous' that there's no meaningful difference between goals and shots that aren't goals except that the goalie managed to stop one and he couldn't stop the other one. Goals are beautiful unicorns and shots that don't result in goals aren't even worth talking about.

Zacha's shot-assist was a pass across the slot to Wood. A high-percentage potential scoring play. The kind of thing he hasn't done enough of this season.

Reactions: R8NJ

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
And his efforts helped the team win regardless of points. Thats what you have to take away from it.

More referring to the fact that his game will inevitably regress for the next 5 games and then there will be another “good” game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad