Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Merrill has a 58% Corsi. Which is tops amongst Vegas D-men.

Now is this a knock against corsi moreso then praise of Merrill? Yeah, probably.
I look more at relative corsi than corsi percentage and Merrill is at a career high for that this year too. He has been just above even at even strength the 3 years before this.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I look more at relative corsi than corsi percentage and Merrill is at a career high for that this year too. He has been just above even at even strength the 3 years before this.
2nd amongst d-men in relative(3rd if you count a guy whose played 13 games).

But relative corsi is just as flawed as Corsi. If your protecting a guy his #'s are going to look a lot better then a guy who get's tough minutes. Still his #'s are good to the point where I wonder if he could be a good everyday 3rd pair, or even adequate 2nd pair with the right partner.

Sidenote, check out Merrill's mugshot on hockeydb.
Jon Merrill Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I have him penciled in to start the year in Bing.

I'm willing to write it in pen actually.

i don’t see any benefit in his development playing with scrubs in binghamton. i’d like to see him more with palms, with hall, etc. i just think there’s a lot more he can learn here in terms of translating his skill set to the speed and skill of the nhl. bastian, for example, should get another start in binghamton, because he’s a very different type of player

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
2nd amongst d-men in relative(3rd if you count a guy whose played 13 games).

But relative corsi is just as flawed as Corsi. If your protecting a guy his #'s are going to look a lot better then a guy who get's tough minutes. Still his #'s are good to the point where I wonder if he could be a good everyday 3rd pair, or even adequate 2nd pair with the right partner.

Sidenote, check out Merrill's mugshot on hockeydb.
Jon Merrill Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
I think he’s probably a decent third pairing guy. Nothing really more than that.

That mustache haha. And zoom in for whatever he’s got on his upper lip. :eek:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Are there any call up possibilities that haven't been called up yet? Honest question.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think he’s probably a decent third pairing guy. Nothing really more than that.

That mustache haha. And zoom in for whatever he’s got on his upper lip. :eek:
Ya not sure if that occurred before or after the arrest.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i don’t see any benefit in his development playing with scrubs in binghamton. i’d like to see him more with palms, with hall, etc. i just think there’s a lot more he can learn here in terms of translating his skill set to the speed and skill of the nhl. bastian, for example, should get another start in binghamton, because he’s a very different type of player
Theres just no chance he is on a line with Hall and Palms next year.

And I think Bing will look better to start next year. And it will be because of guys like McLeod who should be improving in the early parts of their pro career. Even if he has been unimpressive in his time in NJ, I think it will benefit his development. I expect him to be a pretty legit top line AHL player next year.

Reactions: My3Sons

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
D2MHiYVX4AIbDiI.jpg

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are we sure Zacha is returning tonight?

You think he’s in now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he took a look at who his linemates were tonight and had some mysterious flare up after his pregame nap or the same illness that Butcher has.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Speaking of illness, wasn’t JQ also sick with something? He never came back.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Are we sure Zacha is returning tonight?

You think he’s in now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he took a look at who his linemates were tonight and had some mysterious flare up after his pregame nap or the same illness that Butcher has.
Not tonight Hynes, I have a head ache.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad