Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) part V - OP warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Agreed. I do not think the reason the Jets looked bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than the Devils last night is because the Devils have checked out on Hynes. I think it is because the Jets players are bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than the Devils players. That does not excuse what we saw the last 3 games, but fans have to be realistic. The Devils made the playoffs by one point last year. To view them as a "playoff team" in the sense that we look at teams the Jets, the Predators, the Caps, etc. is unreasonable. IMO we are closer in talent to teams like the Panthers than we are to a team like the Jets.
So how does that make us not a playoff team?

Playoff teams are only contenders, like you named?

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
There's this great HHOF ad on TV making fun of VR, calling it Real Reality. It's a bunch of people wearing VR headset frames.

It's a fantastic ad,

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I don't think Leafs actually trade Nylander, but if they do, I would hope Shero is making an offer. I don't if we have the assets to get it done, but I would imagine it starts with Severson and then there would still be a few additions (likely significant).

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
'they' couldnt even bother to broadcast this on tsn live…….its on some 2, 3, 4 …or whatever tsn they have now

and the "content is not available in your region" for online viewing

….uh…i live here……same place its happening…..?!

a joke……not even comical…….downright pathetic for the cable providers and tsn

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good call on whoever said Stevens and Niedermayer would be both do the introduction.

@Nubmer6 I think.

Reactions: Patrik26

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
the roster is way better than last in the league type ****

that isn't even debateable.

It has the potential not to be last in the league. It also has major flaws like crappy defense and mediocre goaltending at best which can lead to a deserved spot in the basement.

That said, we are not yet in a hole we cant dig ourselves out of if the guys pull their heads off their asses and start playing to their potential. Then we are borderline playoff team if lucky.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Random thought.

I was at the game in Toronto Friday... I am constantly impressed and blown away by how well Devils fans travel. There were A LOT of Devils fans there. Same as last season (April) in Montreal.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Random thought.

I was at the game in Toronto Friday... I am constantly impressed and blown away by how well Devils fans travel. There were A LOT of Devils fans there. Same as last season (April) in Montreal.

It's not really travel. There are a lot of us here. Marty helps with the Montreal area and the three Cups will do that in Toronto when the Leafs haven't won since 1967.

Reactions: New Jersey

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Random thought.

There seemed to be a few more than normal, probably due to the hall of fame induction, but for the most part there's usually a sizeable crowd of Devils fans in Toronto. Usually I sit around at least a few of them so we can cheer/be miserable together but not on Friday unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad