Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) part V - OP warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
No matter what happens the team needs to maintain their composure. Even if they are clearly out of the playoff hunt. The young players need a positive message under adversity. Some of the vets may be done or not that talented but they need to set a professional tone and keep showing the correct way to do things for the young players. As long as that happens the team will have a good shot at rebounding this season. Panic trading wouldn’t seem to be the answer.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
ill admit it ……i laughed hard at the panthers……

…..funny thing is…..i always laugh at them no matter where they sit……

…their history warrants it ;)

their fans threw plastic rats after goals because one of their players slaughtered a rat in front of its family, maybe. they’re a joke

Reactions: None Shall Pass

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone know what time Marty gets inducted? I don’t wanna sit around through everything else.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
How many games would we have to lose before Hynes would be canned? How many of those games need to be blowouts?

I cant believe some don't see the writing on the wall already. Have you ever seen the players not try? this specific squad?

Hes lost them and it is so obvious

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
How many games would we have to lose before Hynes would be canned? How many of those games need to be blowouts?

I cant believe some don't see the writing on the wall already. Have you ever seen the players not try? this specific squad?

Hes lost them and it is so obvious
I think what is obvious is that we don't have a playoff roster.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
ill admit it ……i laughed hard at the panthers……

…..funny thing is…..i always laugh at them no matter where they sit……

…their history warrants it ;)
You should not be laughing, bro. It’s not proper to laugh at what’s been the most inept NHL franchise of the last 25 years! They’re really good, bro. Dale Tallon is an excellent general manager! Did you see how he constructed both the Blackhawks AND the Golden Knights? Heed the warning and take cover!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bettman's speech isn't too bad, honestly.
I just turned to it as he was giving his speech.

I know I said this before, but I think Bettman was inducted a bit too early. I'm not saying he needed to retire first, but I just thought they'd wait another 5 years.

And I know I said this before, but Willie O'Ree was seriously not in the HOF already?

I'm guessing Marty will be the last. He's probably the head of this class.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who is inducting Marty? Stevens maybe? Gotta be some former teammate? They just had Andreychuk do it for Marty St. Louis.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Anyone know what time Marty gets inducted? I don’t wanna sit around through everything else.

I'd say around 10...given the telecast and the actual ceremony isn't syncing up it's hard to tell but it seems like he's speaking last since they went through Bettman, MSL and O'Ree (though they're on MSL's speech in the telecast).

Who is inducting Marty? Stevens maybe? Gotta be some former teammate? They just had Andreychuk do it for Marty St. Louis.

It'd almost have to be Lou unless they really are on the outs or he's pulling the he needs to stay with his team schpiel the way he did for Elias's night last year. Otherwise maybe Jacques Caron or some family member.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'd say around 10...given the telecast and the actual ceremony isn't syncing up it's hard to tell but it seems like he's speaking last since they went through Bettman, MSL and O'Ree (though they're on MSL's speech in the telecast).

It'd almost have to be Lou unless they really are on the outs or he's pulling the he needs to stay with his team schpiel the way he did for Elias's night last year. Otherwise maybe Jacques Caron or some family member.
Is Lou even there? I thought I heard he couldn't make it. Maybe I'm thinking some other event like his jersey retirement.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I think what is obvious is that we don't have a playoff roster.
Agreed. I do not think the reason the Jets looked bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than the Devils last night is because the Devils have checked out on Hynes. I think it is because the Jets players are bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than the Devils players. That does not excuse what we saw the last 3 games, but fans have to be realistic. The Devils made the playoffs by one point last year. To view them as a "playoff team" in the sense that we look at teams the Jets, the Predators, the Caps, etc. is unreasonable. IMO we are closer in talent to teams like the Panthers than we are to a team like the Jets.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Just on the HHOF ceremony, I did not know Brooks was a Devils front office staff member.
I didn't know he was staff either, but I remember him being the color guy on the radio. In fact, I *THINK* he was doing color in the game where Johnny Mac got us in the playoffs for the first time. I think the play by play guy was named John Moore or something like that too (no relation, I think).

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just on the HHOF ceremony, I did not know Brooks was a Devils front office staff member.
There was a story that Lou either told him to cut his hair or shave his beard on his first day there.:laugh:

I haven't heard the story in a while though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad