Devils 2018-19 Team Discussion (news and notes) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
From a fans perspective yes it is... for kk AND cory its not. Right now they are clearly 1a/1b and will prob get an even split of the rest of the games once cory returns. Starting goalies need to play consistently and dont like to sit, and now that kk has been the starter he doesnt want to leave the net. It's bad on a goalie bc you will never be able to get into a rhythm if you constantly go in and out of the lineup. Kk if (have always believed for years he would) he gets a starting contract wont resign with us...he wont split 50/50 with cory
This might surprise you coming from me, but I actually hope they don't get an even split. I'd rather play whoever is the hottest and I think that might be Kinkaid slightly more often than Schneider at this point. Although Schneider can still have hot streaks.

And it's like you said, it's not good if they can't get into a rhythm. I don't wanna keep putting goalies in and out. Might be random, but both of these goalies were playing better last year when they played more than just a few games in a row or were going in and coming out back and forth.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
IMO Kinkaid has already shown he is capable of being a starter. He is 26-9-3 since the start of 2018.

I need to see a lot more Fromm Kinkaid before I will say that. Up until March last year he had a league worst Save Percentage. He played very well done the stretch, but you can’t overlook that part of the reason making the playoffs came so close was that he couldn’t make a save in January and most of February. He also got yanked into the playoffs and I was t impressed with his play in the Worlds.

He is off to a good start and has earned to split time with Schneider when he comes back. But long term I dont see Kinkaid as being anything more than an average replacement level goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->