Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Seems strange to me. I always thought once people were cleared to practice w/ contact, that they were good to go. Dude’s brains are probably scrambled eggs
Him on our PP2 unit would be huge since Tampas PK is legit sewage.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Made some edits to this while working on avatars and figured I'd drop this here in case anyone wanted a higher resolution copy.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Boyle is that bad. I think we can afford a slower player (especially at forward) or two, but I don't like seeing him on the power play anymore. That seemed to have run out like 3 months.

Would like to see Lovejoy out though.

Reactions: Darkauron

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Boyle is that bad. I think we can afford a slower player (especially at forward) or two, but I don't like seeing him on the power play anymore. That seemed to have run out like 3 months.

When we have both Boyle and Maroon in it slows us down considerably

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I think everything with Boyle has been overblown. Or maybe it's just because I don't see any scenario in which they'll take him out of the lineup so there's no point to me in clamoring for it. I do agree that him being off the PP is something that should be done.

I am interested to see if they take Lovejoy out considering the minutes he played last night.

Reactions: Bleedred

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Maroon getting back after that turnover

giphy.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think everything with Boyle has been overblown. Or maybe it's just because I don't see any scenario in which they'll take him out of the lineup so there's no point to me in clamoring for it. I do agree that him being off the PP is something that should be done.

I am interested to see if they take Lovejoy out considering the minutes he played last night.
I figure at the very least, he's no worse (and probably still better) than having a guy like Jacob Josefson in the lineup. Outside of being older and slower. And as long as he's on the 4th line, I think that's quite alright. I don't know why I compare every 4th line forward to Jacob Josefson haha.

I feel like Mueller might come out instead of Lovejoy. I think we'll see Severson at some point this series, unless he isn't in tomorrow and we wind up winning 4 straight.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Lovejoy played pretty okay and doesn’t really deserve to be benched imo. Moore and Mueller however...They shouldn’t have both been in for Severson to begin with anyway, that was always wrong.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lovejoy played pretty okay and doesn’t really deserve to be benched imo. Moore and Mueller however...They shouldn’t have both been in for Severson to begin with anyway, that was always wrong.
I think the biggest thing with Lovejoy is to eliminate a slow-ish defender, more than he's actually been bad.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think taking Mueller out and leaving LJ in is a mistake.

We would be better served knocking him down a pairing and bringing Severson in for LJ.

Same with Moore. He is an idiot but we need as many puck movers in as possible to clean the breakout up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We really didn’t look any different then any of our loses during our losing streaks for example.

Wasn’t some kind of outmatched playoff intensity or anything. We just didn’t execute, something I have seen in the majority of our loses this year.

So as silly it is to say our biggest adjustment needs to be us playing better, it is actually what we need to do. Just play better. Move your feet, clean up the passing, and we will be fine.

Whenever people say “we look slow” it is almost always because we aren’t connecting on our passes so no one can move up ice with any kind of speed.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Because my youth basketball team had a playoff game last night I missed half the game and never noticed Severson was a healthy scratch and I was stunned - and pissed off - when I found this out after the game. I don't care if he has been shitting the bed down the stretch, god dammit you play him, it's critical he gets a taste of playoff hockey as soon as possible for his growth.

Also got me thinking about our developing young defenseman, granted some turn out to be bums like Eric Gelinas, but we use to have what was considered a decent prospect pool on defense the last 5-7 years and what did we have to show for it last night? A healthy scratch and an AHLer (Santini), and I think their talent is better than this, they BOTH should be in our top 4. Something is not right, we are not getting the most of our defensive prospects and should be a concern to everyone since we got another good looking crop coming up through pipeline soon.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
With the unwillingness of NHL to crack down on player safety why not bring in a few hit men from the ECHL for the last five games of the regular season and then play them the first playoff game. Throw the game but cheap shot the other team’s stars until they are concussed or injured. If Kuch and Stamkos are in the hospital that would change the rest of the series. How is that any different from what Marchand Doughty or Kadri hits are? The league needs to get the hit without conscience out of the game or it will only get worse. League needs to get its head out of its you know what and enter the 21st century. Suspend cheap shot artists for the entire playoffs or chunks of 20 games at a time. NHLPA is also to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->