Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don’t think Mojo is ready.

Taking Mueller or Moore out for Severson doesn’t really change anything. He is a better option in most ways sure, but you want all your best skaters in on the blueline.

LJ is the one that needs to come out.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'd rather sit Moore, try Severson with Mueller, and leave the other two pairings alone. But I know it won't happen because it's Moore.

ruskidevil14

Feb 23, 2017
I think staff had to go in for gibbons.... why the hell did this team not hit. you are playing a soft skill team. let's get in their face, make them look over their shoulders a bit

Reactions: My3Sons

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They already did it before this season with them as the third pair

There's no way in the Stanley Cup playoffs. I will be the most shocked fan in New Jersey. You dont put your most protected defensemen with the guy who's been benched for turnovers and high-risk play.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I greatly want Bratt and Severson back in the lineup. Maybe a surprise MoJo if he's ready to go too

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Hall-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Zacha-Palms
Gibbons-Zajac-Noesen
Grabbs-Coleman-Maroon

It won’t happen, but I think Coleman should be in for Boyle and have gibbons take Coleman’s spot on the checking line.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Not sure how someone can actually say they would not want Carlson. If he wants to sign here you take him and figure out the rest later.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hall-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Zacha-Palms
Gibbons-Zajac-Noesen
Grabbs-Coleman-Maroon

This is basically what I wanted from the start.

My only difference is I'd swap Gibbons & Grabner.

Hall-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Zacha-Palms
Grabner-Zajac-Noesen
Gibbons-Coleman-Maroon

1) There's only 1 puck on the ice, so I dont like Hall-Nico-Palms. I think you split up the scorers by putting Palms on #2 line. At least Palms avoids Hedman nearly the entire game.

2) By putting Bratt on #1 line, he's not going to hurt you, because the defense will be dealing primarily with Hall, secondarily on Nico. Plus, he has the flashy skill to operate there.

3) Get Boyle off the ice at all costs. He's slow, plodding, and worst of all, he's not even winning faceoffs. He was a net negative last night in virtually all facets of the game, except physicality.

Reactions: My3Sons

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Carlson's production this year will raise his price significantly.

It's like Shattenkirk, I'd take the player but it depends on the contract.

Regardless, I would be satisfied with a Vatatnen-Severson-Santini right side next year. Room for improvement, but not the #1 priority. The left side needs fixing before we should tinker with the right.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Hall-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Zacha-Palms
Gibbons-Zajac-Noesen
Grabbs-Coleman-Maroon

It won’t happen, but I think Coleman should be in for Boyle and have gibbons take Coleman’s spot on the checking line.

looks good, i would just swap grabner with stafford or hayes or whoever replaces the urinal cakes at amalie arena. bratt needs to be in for sure. we're playing the lightning here, not winnipeg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Grabner is at least valuable on the PK.

Stafford has no value.

Hayes is negative value (i.e. he hurts the team).

stafford absolutely has value, although he lacks consistency. honestly the stafford hate is just a typical HF scapegoat thing- he is miles ahead of hayes, and probably just a notch below grabner.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
stafford absolutely has value

There's no shootout in the playoffs.

Stafford was afforded every opportunity imaginable, too many opportunities, even powerplay time, and only managed 15 points in 60 games AND with a team WORST -20.

He's done in this league.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
im cringing at the thought of stafford drawing into the lineup. i can hear it right now "veteran presence" and "guy who has been in these types of situations before". don't do it, hynes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad