Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 114311 Holy hose job, Batman! That Severson and Lovejoy for Nurse and Lucic proposal. Nurse isn’t that good, he’s Larsson 2.0 and just because Larsson 1.0 was able to acquire such an elite talent, doesn’t mean that Larsson 2.0 is going to be the centerpiece in another lopsided trade. It happened the first time because their GM is an idiot, I don’t think ours is. And he’s surely not dumb enough to let the guy he conned on the Larsson deal get even by pulling one over on him.
LOL @ at the Robin picture.:laugh:

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I know the resolution sucks, but why does 2001 look like it's 30 years ago now? Haha.

I watched this live back in 2001, I just can't remember if I watched it over at my buddy's place where he lived with a roommate or if we watched this at my grandparents place, which is where I lived at the time. I know it was me, one of our good friend's and Cage Helmet. My then-girlfriend would watch some games with me, but not all of them. Whenever she wasn't watching and the Devils would win, I'd send her a devil emoji thing on either Yahoo or AIM, one of the instant messengers. It was code for ''Devils won''. I'd send her an angry, mean looking one for when the Devils lost.:laugh:

Those were the days!
Think it was at our friend’s. That was the week I graduated high school. That footage looks more like the week I graduated elementary school haha.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maroon has been excellent overall and he’s been overly criticized for his lack of speed. Despite that, he’s created offense at 5 on 5 and has helped the PP. We really need Zacha to make an impact, he’s been an offensive black hole.

Yeah, I was thinking that if anyone looked meh on that line last game it was PZ. Problem is that there are no good center options for 2C right now. Really a shame since Zajac as 3C works and my guess is that Coleman as 4C would be a perfect fit and he'd push Boyle out of the lineup.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I would be a lot more miserable if we weren't in a position to be supreme buyers this offseason while our core is staying intact and in it for the long haul. This is easily the least mortified I have ever been at one of my teams going down by two in a series, in any sport I watch.

Based Hallsy wants to do it here, and the Based Shero will make it happen.

Our organization is absolutely on the rise, like a fine souffle. This experience of learning the hard way by fighting adversity in the postseason is very much part of the plan.

All great stories have no end, only new beginnings.

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007
Absolute joke that Lovejoy is in... he'll be directly responsible for 1-2 goals against again while providing nothing offensively.

I would be a lot more miserable if we weren't in a position to be supreme buyers this offseason while our core is very much staying intact and in it for the long haul. This is easily the least mortified I have ever been at one of my teams going down by two in a series, in any sport I watch.

Based Hallsy wants to do it here, and the Based Shero will make it happen.

Our organization is absolutely on the rise, like a fine souffle. This experience of fighting adversity in the postseason is very much part of the plan.

Truthfully, they are in a great spot. Tons of cap space, a few veterans whose contracts will run out when they have to pay some of the younger guy & a core that is (mostly) signed long term.

But alot of their troubles now are due to aging veterans getting more minutes than they should. (Greene, Lovejoy, Moore, Boyle)

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd much rather see Bratt in over Stafford. Let the kid play over the veteran who coasted in most games he played this year

Hynes is a hypocrite scratching Grabner but inserting Stafford

Our lineup will be even slower tonight and we could not keep up with the pace in both games already.

LJ sux badly, he should not be in.

No Bratt, Gibby or Grabber makes our PK worse too, and much slower.

Fire Hynes and hire Scotty.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Stafford, while not being good, has been way better than Grabner, who has been absolutely useless and seems to be totally lost. So I am ok with this change.
As for Lovejoy, oh well, as they say in Germany: Hynes has the choice between the plague and cholera. So he took the plague.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Camille the Eel

Hischier is one guy I've been delighted at in the two games in Tampa. Despite being on the ice for a number of Tampa goals, when he's had the puck in the offensive - stopping and starting, changing direction, skating away from checks and looking to make plays - he's looked Crosby like at times. His skating is amazing, his straight line speed underrated, his acceleration and agility too. How much has he improved this year. He's far ahead of the learning curve. This kid is growing into a beast.

Tampa has been scrambling to keep up with him. Not a rookie any more.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Stafford, while not being good, has been way better than Grabner, who has been absolutely useless and seems to be totally lost.

yeah seriously. how is this lost on so many people? lol

grabner is fast, he can suck at hyper speed out there! wowww!

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Hynes has doubled down on stupidity. Failure to adapt once again.

Does he not understand that Tampa will be bolder knowing full well that jersey can't counter faster up the ice with this lineup?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm more surprised as to how far Gibbons has fallen out of favour. He hasn't been great recently but he's still tenacious and good on the PK, at least he can provide something. Stafford... Idk what he does exactly.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This game is going to be different for the Devils because they can actually match lines. Mainly get Zajac's line out against Stamkos and possibly get Hall away from Point.

I don't mind Stafford in. Grabner was hardly offering anything for the Devils at even strength. Way too much of a perimeter player.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hynes has doubled down on stupidity. Failure to adapt once again.

Does he not understand that Tampa will be bolder knowing full well that jersey can't counter faster up the ice with this lineup?

We will be chasing them all night and won't be able to get to loose pucks.

Hynes is a stubborn fool with this lineup

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Hynes has done a great job as coach changing the culture, but he doesn't seem too concerned in radically altering the look of the lineup and speeding up the tempo against Tampa. He wants to play the same controlled game with some limited players who were already exposed in Tampa.

The best defense against Tampa is pushing the pace and hemming them in.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Hynes is a hypocrite scratching Grabner but inserting Stafford

Our lineup will be even slower tonight and we could not keep up with the pace in both games already.

LJ sux badly, he should not be in.

No Bratt, Gibby or Grabber makes our PK worse too, and much slower.

Fire Hynes and hire Scotty.
I'm a Grabner fan but he ain't finishing man and that's a problem. I'm guessing coach inserts Stafford in hopes of getting in down low and high danger areas and finishing.

Ditto LJ but who's a realistic upgrade (currently on the team lol).

Zajac, Coleman, Zacha not too shabby on the PK. Perhaps Hall makes an appearance on PK ?

Fire Hynes ? C'mon.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Wood-Boyle-Stafford actually had some success as a 4th line at points during the season.

Wood being on that line will also hopefully help it not get pinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->