Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
what is Nurse > Severson based on, exactly? Would love to hear

and Lucic and his contract are ABSOLUTELY the key in this. Are you unaware of how much of an anchor that deal already is? Holy hell.
Severson’s season last year blows Nurse’s out of the water this year. And Severson’s season this past season isn’t far off at all. And if you blast Severson for making dumb decisions and are slobbering over Nurse, just lol. You obviously haven’t watched him if you think he doesn’t make his share of boneheaded plays. Plus let’s take on Lucic. My god.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i'm not a fan of cory at all but its the right move to make and not just for this series. hes our goalie for the next two years at the least. maybe just maybe this turns it around for him? we spent a #9 to get him we might as well give him a chance to save the season for us. if it fails? well chances are we would've lost with kinkaid anyway. a big night from cory helps us in this series and probably next year too.

boyle and lovejoy being in the lineup is absolutely stupid stafford over bratt is also very stupid.

seeing the wild come out and crush winnipeg? gives me hope that the devils won't roll over and die tonight. they will at least make it a series tonight. game 4? thats another story lol

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
giving schneider the start should be obvious. look for the caps to do the exact same thing with holtby

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That Grabner trade was cursed from the beginning. You never trade with the Rags. **** them

This is what we get for making such a big deal about Lou never trading with our rivals and wanting Shero to be different.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Never thought it would be the case that I’m happy Stafford is in for Grabner but I am. Grabner has been awful and has contributed nothing.
Probably the worst ''Useful'' player we've traded for since Sean O'Donnell back at the 2001 deadline.

And I can already hear Stan Fischler, who said in the post-game of game 7 of the 2001 SCF that ''I wouldn't bring back Sean O'Donnell at all, I'd rather bring back Kenny Sutton than him''.:laugh:

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
All that matters is that our 3rd best forward is back. MoJo helps the team mightily.

Grabner sitting is the right move. I would have put in Bratt over Stafford, but hopefully Stafford plays like his NHL career is on the line (hint: it might just be).

Would prefer Mueller over Moore, but I knew we wouldn't get that.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Of all the changes & non-changes, several of which I'm upset with, leaving Boyle in the line-up is the one that annoys me the most.

It's one-thing to bring nothing, but Boyle's harming play. At least he's averaging the 2nd least amount of ice time (Graber least), but he's a net-negative when he's out there.

Reactions: Jets012

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
would it surprise me if during the post-season wrap up Grabner shows up with a Rangers hat on? No, not in the slightest. Undercover agent me thinks

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
And yea Hynes has a man crush on Boyle so I knew we'd never sit him either even though he's easily our worst forward.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Probably the worst ''Useful'' player we've traded for since Sean O'Donnell back at the 2001 deadline.

And I can already hear Stan Fischler, who said in the post-game of game 7 of the 2001 SCF that ''I wouldn't bring back Sean O'Donnell at all, I'd rather bring back Kenny Sutton than him''.:laugh:

He didn’t want to bring back Mogilny either lol, that Stan segment is still on YT believe it or not, that McKay44whatever dude who posts a lot of random old Devil videos has that postgame where Stan eviscerated the team.

‘I talked to Mike Milbury who said Mogilny wasn’t worth a $3 million contract’ :laugh:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Of all the changes & non-changes, several of which I'm upset with, leaving Boyle in the line-up is the one that annoys me the most.

It's one-thing to bring nothing, but Boyle's harming play. At least he's averaging the 2nd least amount of ice time (Graber least), but he's a net-negative when he's out there.

Agreed, 100%. He’s not winning faceoffs at a high enough clip to justify the other negatives, which are the majority. He drags down the play and the fact that he gets PP time boggles my mind.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Agreed, 100%. He’s not winning faceoffs at a high enough clip to justify the other negatives, which are the majority. He drags down the play and the fact that he gets PP time boggles my mind.

That's an understatement.

Boyle's Faceoff Win%
Game 1: 38%
Game 2: 33%
COMBINED: 36.3%

Zajac at 55.2%
Coleman at 50%
Nico's at 45.2% = LULZ (the kid who's bad at FO and learning, is currently ahead of Boyle)
Zacha at 25% = WOOF

And keep in mind, Tampa is one of the worst FO teams in the entire NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I mean Nurse is very good in his own end, and has more points then Severson this year.

I mean Nurse is a +15 on a team who has a goal differential of -29.

I mean he has a corsi of 50.9

I mean he plays the Pk and can play in his own end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad