Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VII - Playoff push; read warning in OP first

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is simply untrue. Moore has looked considerably better away from Severson.

That title goes to the guy that sucked for the past 10 games and got benched because of it.

Moore has looked much better away from Severson, but he's not wrong that Moore hasnt been good the last month.

Both things can be true.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Moore has looked much better away from Severson, but he's not wrong that Moore hasnt been good the last month.

Both things can be true.

I should've probably worded that better.

Well, I think he hasn't been good because he had to play a role that he isn't suited to play. As soon as Moore was put away from Severson, he looked way better.

I think Moore looked bad the last month or so because Severson also had his worst stretch of the season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe we should do a thread to talk about our Defense. Like we did for Cory and KK.

No we're not. You guys need to get over yourselves already with this stuff. Everything turns into a political style nuclear argument, there's no 100% correct or wrong viewpoint but everything gets passed off as such and that's why we have pages of this crap.

The only reason the goalie stuff was siphoned off is because the goalie talk has been particuarly divisive this year and in the past, plus goalies do tend to get a disproportionate amount of attention. There IS an advanced stat thread if you guys want to obsess over Severson's Corsi CF% of whatever though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
You actually had a 22 year old cocker spaniel? Damn! That’s like 100+ years old!

It’s not that I’m old yet, it’s jusf that I can feel things slipping out. The memory card in our brain can only hold so much and the longer we live, the more stuff gets stored away and the other stuff gets flushed out. :nod:

Not only that but she had epilepsy and the vet told us that would cut her lifespan at least in half. That dog didn’t believe in normalcy :laugh:

Reactions: Bleedred

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Neither do I :)

The doctor also told me a series against the Pens would cut my lifespan in half. I believe that one.

The playoffs this year look tougher than I remember in resent history. It always seemed like their were a few gimmie picks every year and then even a few would sneak into the 2nd round. Whoever wins the Cup this year will have gone through a hell of a time :sarcasm:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Bahaha finally some are coming around to see how awful Severson is in his own zone, completely oblivious as to where he should be or who to cover, soft in front of the net, coasts back after floating deep in the offensive zone. Somehow it's always someone else's fault for every brain dead f*** up he commits night in night out, I really don't know how people can defend him lol.

Hynes has commented numerous times about his focus and commitment, how he's casual with the puck and casual defensively and needs to be more responsible. He's a coaches nightmare, after being benched numerous times for these issues throughout the year Mr. Freelance still doesn't get it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hynes has commented numerous times about his focus and commitment, how he's casual with the puck and casual defensively and needs to be more responsible. He's a coaches nightmare, after being benched numerous times for these issues throughout the year Mr. Freelance still doesn't get it.

Maybe just maybe it'll take being benched for big down the stretch games and playoff games to finally get it through his thick skull. Maybe.

Reactions: JK3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->