Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VII - Playoff push; read warning in OP first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
eh, like most others, i would have scratched stafford no doubt. but i would say that decision isn't something to lose our minds over.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Stafford actually has been noticeably good lately compared to our other forwards.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Wow not thrilled with Noesen being scratched, he's been real solid. Though to be honest I had a dream Stafford scored twice, not even lying. So maybe I'm a prophet of sorts.

But I do like the lines otherwise.

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Stafford actually has been noticeably good lately compared to our other forwards.

Unfortunately when Stafford is at his BEST, he gets in good spots and gets chances but can't score if his life depended on it.

I don't understand how he's still in this lineup... Noesen is better.

Reactions: RNCDevil

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
We believe in you Jesper! You can do it!

Alzrw.gif

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Wow not thrilled with Noesen being scratched, he's been real solid. Though to be honest I had a dream Stafford scored twice, not even lying. So maybe I'm a prophet of sorts.

But I do like the lines otherwise.

Not to mention Noesen playing particularly well and having the GWG last game at Pitt for what its worth (maybe nothing)

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Damon Severson has the worst +/- among our defensemen tied with Greene lol.

I don't know how John Moore is a positive +4.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Noesen also always seems to respond with strong play after a scratching.
I think Stafford is gonna get hot after his 50 game cold streak. /s

Now is not the time for that kind of stuff. We need to be putting our optimal lineup out there every single game to scratch out every point we can get.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Staff had a good game in San Jose, let's see how he does with Gibbons and Zajac.

I actually really like these lines. Hynes HAD to change things up. The forwards were beyond abysmal these last two games.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Article on NJ.com re: Lovejoy's post practice address to the team:

Coach John Hynes typically ends a practice with a huddle at center ice, where he addresses the Devils before the players head to the locker room or do some extra work on the ice.

After saying his piece, Hynes opened the floor to the players. He made eye contact with defenseman Ben Lovejoy, and Lovejoy took the opportunity.

"I told the guys, we are a good team and have been all year," Lovejoy told NJ Advance Media....

What Ben Lovejoy said to Devils after Thursday's practice

To quote the classic movie Office Space... Andy Greene... What is it again, exactly, that you do here?
I think Lovejoy and Greene tried to pull a “Remember the Titans” motivational speech that went a little something like this:
82840C65-790D-4DC8-B3DD-0CDB79F8F428.png

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Noesen seems like the type of player that needs a kick in the ass every once and a while. Stafford was better than him the last game to be fair.

Zacha being back and Gibbles being healthy is great news.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Article on NJ.com re: Lovejoy's post practice address to the team:

Coach John Hynes typically ends a practice with a huddle at center ice, where he addresses the Devils before the players head to the locker room or do some extra work on the ice.

After saying his piece, Hynes opened the floor to the players. He made eye contact with defenseman Ben Lovejoy, and Lovejoy took the opportunity.

"I told the guys, we are a good team and have been all year," Lovejoy told NJ Advance Media....

What Ben Lovejoy said to Devils after Thursday's practice

To quote the classic movie Office Space... Andy Greene... What is it again, exactly, that you do here?

I think it is time they announce a new captain next year. We're moving in a new direction clearly. Stuff like this(granted just going off this article) and the post game videos etc, you never see Greene or hear from him. Hynes is always talking about Hall and his leadership and with Greene declining, perhaps next season is the best time to do it.

Taylor Hall, give that man the "C"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think it is time they announce a new captain next year. We're moving in a new direction clearly. Stuff like this(granted just going off this article) and the post game videos etc, you never see Greene or hear from him. Hynes is always talking about Hall and his leadership and with Greene declining, perhaps next season is the best time to do it.

Taylor Hall, give that man the "C"

We have no basis to say Greene isn’t doing the off ice captain stuff.

LJ didn’t really say anything Earth shattering either. Honestly that is pretty tame, and nothing about the urgency they need to start showing.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->