Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VII - Playoff push; read warning in OP first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I always laugh every time I hear a certain player ''Won't make the trip, but might meet the team later on it ends'' since I rarely remember this happening where a player joined the trip later on.

They said about Zacha last week and I figured he's gone until we get home, but this was one time I remember where they sent him out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I always laugh every time I hear a certain player ''Won't make the trip, but might meet the team later on it ends'' since I rarely remember this happening where a player joined the trip later on.

They said about Zacha last week and I figured he's gone until we get home, but this was one time I remember where they sent him out.

The fear of secrecy was just much ado about nothing thankfully.

He does help balance the lines even if he isn’t scoring. Same with Wood so I expect a better and faster effort tomorrow.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Article on NJ.com re: Lovejoy's post practice address to the team:

Coach John Hynes typically ends a practice with a huddle at center ice, where he addresses the Devils before the players head to the locker room or do some extra work on the ice.

After saying his piece, Hynes opened the floor to the players. He made eye contact with defenseman Ben Lovejoy, and Lovejoy took the opportunity.

"I told the guys, we are a good team and have been all year," Lovejoy told NJ Advance Media....

What Ben Lovejoy said to Devils after Thursday's practice

To quote the classic movie Office Space... Andy Greene... What is it again, exactly, that you do here?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's good to see Lovejoy look to rally the troops. Like it or not, he is the most "decorated" of the veterans we have and is extremely well spoken. Here's hoping it provides a bit of a spark in itself.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully Stafford is the one who sits. Don’t need him for this game.
If he's in this game I feel like it's because got two points last game, after going like 40-something games of having like 5 points or something?

I think the chances of him having another two point game or even a one point game tonight are not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad