Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
smh go for a few hours and every thread gets locked

anyway, from our win yesterday

WERE THE BESTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And Wins against Nashville, Vegas and LA is huge. I don't think anyone would've thought that we would have been 3-0 to start this road trip. Kinkaid deserves a ton of credit

Reactions: glenwo2

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
And Wins against Nashville, Vegas and LA is huge. I don't think anyone would've thought that we would have been 3-0 to start this road trip. Kinkaid deserves a ton of credit

As does the secondary scoring that has come around during this stretch. This is EXACTLY what they needed after everyone was tip toeing on throwing in the towel two weeks ago.

Now if we can just get Schneider back into the first half Schneider and not this shape shifter he’s turned into. (Regardless I still ride Kinkaid until he falters)

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Nico has been our big driver so far this trip. Creating everything and really taking over stretches when he’s on the ice. I wonder if we keep him and Hall split to balance the lines more.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Nico has been our big driver so far this trip. Creating everything and really taking over stretches when he’s on the ice. I wonder if we keep him and Hall split to balance the lines more.

Long term, Nico and Hall will be on 2 separate lines as they both are drivers of play and should have the puck on their stick. This will be nightmares for teams D if they can put the right complimentary pieces with them. That will also help our third line thrive if we have similar depth to this year.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Long term, Nico and Hall will be on 2 separate lines as they both are drivers of play and should have the puck on their stick. This will be nightmares for teams D if they can put the right complimentary pieces with them. That will also help our third line thrive if we have similar depth to this year.
The question then is who steps up as 1C or 1LW?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The question then is who steps up as 1C or 1LW?

My dream is

Hall - Tavares -
- Nico - Palms

Plug and play who will make sense with those 2 lines. That most likely gives us a Pittsburg lite type situation where we can make cheap wingers look better than they really are by playing them with top end talent.

Reactions: Patrik26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
japanese-goblin_1f47a.png

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Long-term I think it is best to have Nico and Hall on separate lines. Question is do we have another top 6 center in the pipeline. Zajac I think is suited for the 3rd line. Zacha is a potential option but he has not proven to be a top 6 center at this point. McLeod I would be surprised if he ended up being a top 6 center, I would think he most likely projects as a 3rd line player, but he is another option.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Long-term I think it is best to have Nico and Hall on separate lines. Question is do we have another top 6 center in the pipeline. Zajac I think is suited for the 3rd line. Zacha is a potential option but he has not proven to be a top 6 center at this point. McLeod I would be surprised if he ended up being a top 6 center, I would think he most likely projects as a 3rd line player, but he is another option.
I would give Zacha the opportunity. I’m not ready to give up on him yet, but if he doesn’t step it up next season, I don’t like his chances of being a top 2C.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I would give Zacha the opportunity. I’m not ready to give up on him yet, but if he doesn’t step it up next season, I don’t like his chances of being a top 2C.
I would also give him the opportunity and you hope he plays more like he did at his peek during this season and builds on that.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Off topic: Since when you have to pay to see northjersey.com? Until yesterday it was fine and today it says you have to pay to see content. Is that only for those outside US?

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
The Athletic has a nice article on Vatanen that goes deeper than typical beat writer stuff. Spoiler: he's really good

"There's more to it than just points and ice time. A deeper look reveals just how Vatanen has been a critical part of New Jersey's offensive engine. (...) When Vatanen is on the ice, the Devils are getting a lot of shots at the top of the crease, which is the area where goals are scored at the highest percentage from. They're also getting a lot of shots from the area where Vatanen will typically be set up if they have control of the puck. (...) Vatanen is good at both getting his club out of danger by carrying the puck out of the defensive zone, and also setting up the offense in a better position by carrying it into the offensive zone. (...) The Devils are clearly a better defensive team when Vatanen is on the ice."

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think our team defense has been excellent the past few games. Kincaid has been very good especially controlling rebounds, but there hasn't been a ton of side to side chances and screens the past few games.

They are in the passing lanes and really clearing out guys on front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad