Rumor: Devils “would like” to trade Keith Kinkaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
"Slim" is an understatement. There's, what, three or four marginal-to-great starters potentially available? Would be hard to get something for a backup.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The one thing Kinkaid as an asset would have going for him is that his contract isn't a huge burden (1.25 mil, UFA this summer). Fitting in a Cam Ward / Brian Elliott type might be a little tougher on the cap. Naturally teams aren't looking at somebody like a Jimmy Howard / Sergei Bobrovsky as a backup upgrade.

That said, if he's dealt, I don't imagine Kinkaid getting much more than what Anders Nilsson fetched a few weeks back (6th round pick and a couple of contracts) or Michael Hutchinson (5th round pick in 2020).

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
"Slim" is an understatement. There's, what, three or four marginal-to-great starters potentially available? Would be hard to get something for a backup.
Marginal to great is a pretty big net. I’d imagine there’s more than 4 of those available haha

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The one thing Kinkaid as an asset would have going for him is that his contract isn't a huge burden (1.25 mil, UFA this summer). Fitting in a Cam Ward / Brian Elliott type might be a little tougher on the cap. Naturally teams aren't looking at somebody like a Jimmy Howard / Sergei Bobrovsky as a backup upgrade.

That said, if he's dealt, I don't imagine Kinkaid getting much more than what Anders Nilsson fetched a few weeks back (6th round pick and a couple of contracts) or Michael Hutchinson (5th round pick in 2020).
Flyers could retain 50% on Elliot making it 1.375 million: .916 SV%, 2.51 GAA

Kinkaid: .891 SV%, 3.36 GAA

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
What kind of contract would Kinkaid be looking for?

Making $1.25MM in the 2nd year of a 2-year contract right now. He probably would've cashed in more if he was UFA last offseason after putting together a solid season last year versus struggling this year. Probably looking at making about the same amount on a new contract - at this point, he should just be happy with being a backup somewhere next season.

Reactions: BHD

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Flyers could retain 50% on Elliot making it 1.375 million: .916 SV%, 2.51 GAA

Kinkaid: .891 SV%, 3.36 GAA

Yup, that's entirely possible as well. But as others have said, there's probably not a lot of playoff bound teams looking to fortify their backup spot. Toronto might, but they have a forgiving schedule down the stretch. When I took a quick look earlier, I think I counted four back-to-backs for the rest of the season.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Would this be to get Blackwood in the NHL? I really want the Sens to try and get Blackwood for the rebuild.

Drakkar

Apr 8, 2004
Irvine, CA
As a Habs fan, I hope Bergevin is looking for a better backup than Niemi... he's not cutting it. He might have the occasional great game, but most of the time he's just been so bad this year

Reactions: Be a Hab

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Would this be to get Blackwood in the NHL? I really want the Sens to try and get Blackwood for the rebuild.

More than likely the Devils will go with Schneider/Blackwood next season. We don't have much else in pro goalie depth at the moment, so I wouldn't anticipate moving Blackwood since we need him for own rebuild/retool.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
More than likely the Devils will go with Schneider/Blackwood next season. We don't have much else in pro goalie depth at the moment, so I wouldn't anticipate moving Blackwood since we need him for own rebuild/retool.

I think he's gonna be real good when the time arrives. NJ looking good in nets for a long time if it pans out.

Reactions: My3Sons

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Sparks is cheaper + they have control over him in RFA this summer.

Miller's the only goalie the Leafs should go after if they're looking for an upgrade at backup.

Don’t have an issue with trading Miller to the leafs. Would be funny as hell seeing Andersen and Miller both ex ducks on the leafs.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Don’t have an issue with trading Miller to the leafs. Would be funny as hell seeing Andersen and Miller both ex ducks on the leafs.

Problem is he has a NTC + leafs wouldn't give up anything more than a 4th.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And I would like to have him in Toronto, and then I would like to sign him to a contract and keep him in Toronto

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
There is no shortage of lousy goaltenders available. Of the 62-full time jobs, I bet there are only a handful of teams that are pleased with both of their guys. There are probably more teams that want two new guys than are completely satisfied with the two they’ve got.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Would KK even be an upgrade on Garret Sparks at this point?

If so, maybe TOR can ship NJD a late round pick like a 5th to upgrade backup for the stretch run and playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad