Kings Article: Development Of Muzzin, Toffoli Offer Even More Of A Silver Lining For LA Kings

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The "development" of Muzzin may have cost us the Cup.

Not even close.

Ridiculous statement.

Look no further than Drew Doughty who was a Minus Six against the Hawks , and Regehr who was a Minus Five.

Jake Muzzin was on the ice for One single goal against.

Drew Doughty played the worse playoff series of his Career against the Hawks.

Last edited:

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.

tumblr_lj3cdx2g3D1qztc63o1_r2_500.gif
shutdowncloud454.jpg

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I have hope for Muzzin. He's got great offensive instinct and size to go with it. Just wish he'd use it more. The defensive part of his game should improve over time. That's why I wish we'd keep Scuds around, Muzz could learn a lot from him.

Our top players cost us the cup this year, not the rookies...

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
I may be in the minority, but I have high hopes for Muzzin. His playoffs weren't any worse than Voynov's last season. What was it, three own goals, on top of looking like a deer in headlights against each team's forecheck? And he turned out pretty good.

I was actually more impressed with Muzzin's regular season than I was of Voynov's the year prior. That comeback victory game against St. Louis in particular. Man, if he could get to that level on a consistent basis. And I don't think that's wishful thinking. The kid's only 24.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

I'm a harsh (but I would say fair) critic of Muzzin, but this statement is ridiculous. He made some stupid mistakes but to fault his development for costing the Kings a Cup? You are delusional. Maybe that trade proposal with Toffoli and Bernier for Ryan Carter and Steve Bernier has clouded your mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad