Development NOJHL vs GOJHL

Kane88

Nov 1, 2012
I want to play in either the ojhl or nahl, I would either play for the Blind River Beavers or any gojhl, what league would help me develop the most?

Ballroomblitz

May 22, 2012
If able go play in the OJHL or CCHL that is where the scholarships are coming out of for Div 1.

If at 16 you cannot crack a lineup yet then I would likely suggest GOJHL (Junior B) seeing it will allow you to move up the following year to a team of your choice in the OJHL or CCHL fairly easily. I believe the first three players moving up per team into Jr. A can not be denied just a transfer fee, don't have to worry about your rights being owned to move upward.

The NOJHL might be considered a Jr. A league but do not believe they have the talent level anything higher than the Gojhl on the ice. Very little by way of scholarships come out of here and making a jump to the OJHL will be a bit harder seeing the team will have to signoff on the deal by way of money or trade.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I would agree. Across the board, the talent level is better in the GOJHL, but you can develop in either. Another factor, especially for a 16 year old, may be which league is closer to home. It might be a real culture shock going to some of the communities in the north if you haven't been up there.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
I would agree. Across the board, the talent level is better in the GOJHL, but you can develop in either. Another factor, especially for a 16 year old, may be which league is closer to home. It might be a real culture shock going to some of the communities in the north if you haven't been up there.

I also think there are some issues with moving branches as a 16 year old. Thinks may have changed but my son was not eligible to move to the NOJHL until he was 18 and done Major Midget ?

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
NOJHL and GOJHL are both part of the same branch, so I'd guess the player in question is already in the OHF. If not, you could be right there would be an issue there.

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
In the sense of the level of hockey the NOJHL and the GOJHL are very similar.
but if you want to advance to a strong jr.a league with a good opportunity to earn a scholarship. Then the GOJHL would be better. That way you can sign in the OJHL,CCHL,AJHL,BCHL. Where if you play in the NOJHL it will be much harder to make it to another league afterwards

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
In the sense of the level of hockey the NOJHL and the GOJHL are very similar.
but if you want to advance to a strong jr.a league with a good opportunity to earn a scholarship. Then the GOJHL would be better. That way you can sign in the OJHL,CCHL,AJHL,BCHL. Where if you play in the NOJHL it will be much harder to make it to another league afterwards

That doesn't make any sense at all.
Play GOJHL so you can aspire to play BC,AJ,OJ ???
Check the Commitments from both league.....mostly Diii and CIS.

The last time you watched an NOJHL league game was when???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad