Prospect Info: Development Camp

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Happy to see Martin Bodak get a look with your organization. I follow Slovakia closely at the World Juniors and have liked his game in the last couple of championchips. He scored goals against Sweden in both years, too.

Was surprised he wasn't drafted last year. This year, born in 1998, it was less surprising but I still think he should have gotten picked. I think he has a fairly good chance to, if not with Vegas, earn an AHL contract with your farm team.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
While I was driving to work, I saw four of the guys walking across from Red Rock. I felt that they needed to put a little more pep in their step, to show Las Vegas traffic that they really want this....

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oof. Taking a pre session nap in my car was rough. Healthy crowd here this time. They gave out a rally towel I didn't already have. All I've really been able to take not of in these pre scrimmage warm ups is that Suzuki and Glass both look...I don't know. Stockier. They look more like men than boys compared to last year. I know that's obvious but it looks like both focused on filling out their frame a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'll try to keep an eye on him for you at the scrimmage today.
Let me know how Chyzowski looks. I've seen him a ton in the W and I'm blown away he wasn't draftean. Raw but high ceiling talent and smart.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Oof. Taking a pre session nap in my car was rough. Healthy crowd here this time. They gave out a rally towel I didn't already have. All I've really been able to take not of in these pre scrimmage warm ups is that Suzuki and Glass both look...I don't know. Stocker. They look more like men than boys compared to last year. I know that's obvious but it looks like both focused on filling out their frame a bit.

According to the listed stats, Suzuki is 3 inches shorter but 5 pounds heavier.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hague looks quicker. First lineup matchup was fun. Suzuki, Glass, Brannstrom, Hague, Whitecloud, Wong, Kolesar

Elvenes stills strikes me as fast and crafty but a bit too jumpy so far.

Whitecloud solid so far.

Suzuki with great speed behind the net moves the defense and the goalie with a great pass to Wong for the finish.

Schuldt got caught absolutely sleep walking in the defensive zone letting two forwards stand in front of the net all alone but he caught his mistake and had great stick work to break up the play.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Suzuki is getting double shifted by whoever is coaching Grey's side. I think Gallant is coaching team white. Either that or someone who looks like Gallant across the rink.

FWIW both Glass and Suzuki seem to have matured their game a great deal. Glass is more thoughtful with the puck and even when Hague is hard marking him he doesn't stop moving to try to find open ice. Suzuki's shot looks harder and he hasn't been getting burned trying to be too cute. He also looks more willing to go to the dirty areas. They both do. I think that's so important at their stage in development.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How is doing Slovak player Martin Bodak?
Update. He's partnered with Brannstrom. So far they seem to have chemistry issues but he's been well involved in the play. He's a few steps behind Brannstrom's speed and his shot needs more power but he's got potential.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Zhukov made an incredible followup save on a shot right in front. Looked like a timely blocker save.

So far the Hague-Whitecloud pairing is the most impressive. Hague is like night and day from what he was last year. He and Whitecloud aren't letting Glass and Kolesar do anything with the puck.

Duke and DiPietro catch white completely off guard and score on a 2 on 1. Nice pass from DiPietro to Duke but really nothing special. Just a bad defensive breakdown from team White.

2-0 after one period.

Brannstrom could've been better. The only thing he really did that impressed was coming down from the point repeatedly to drive the net and being fast enough to not get completely burned defensively. His stickwork was pretty shoddy though.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Cotter found some room and absolutely sniped it stick side. Nice shot.

Glass is so clearly the best forward on his team. It's really not close. Get a similar sense from Suzuki as well. Both have progressed more or less exactly as I'd hoped. Glass doesn't have much to work with but he's always creating something out there. I wonder if Gallant actually being here this time means Cody will get a longer look at training camp. Presuming he's still ours by that point.

Brannstrom with an absolutely braindead no look pass at from the wall to his defensive partner that gets picked off by Baker. Baker scores on the penalty shot. Been a bad day for Brannstrom overall.

Two periods done. Team White's offense is good on the breakout but in approaching the net its like everyone but Glass and Kolesar has their brains shut down.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad