Prospect Info: Development Camp July 7-11, 2015 Washington Capitals

Sep 19, 2008
Oshie is signing autographs for fans on Saturday during Capitals Fan Fest. He will do so from 10:30 to 11:30.

The Washington Capitals will host Fan Fest on Saturday, July 11, at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. Right wing T.J. Oshie will sign autographs for fans in attendance between 10:30-11:30 a.m. Fan Fest features the Development Camp scrimmage at 10:30 a.m., the team's annual equipment sale, additional autograph sessions and a free open skate.

For more information visit WashingtonCaps.com.

Fans who are unable to attend can watch the scrimmage online at MonumentalNetwork.com.

I will be there. Last time I tried to get a player autograph (Denard Span) the line was so damn long that he couldn't sign for everyone and I left empty handed. I'm not going through that ordeal again. I will be first in line. ;)

Also I am STH so I'll see what is available during the equipment sale but depending on the slotting I get there might not be good stuff available. I don't really want a Backstrom glove or anything as I don't actually play hockey and have no point for getting a hockey stick or glove, but it would be pretty neat to get a big Holtby helmet. I hope they have those available

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Random observations from day one of on-ice camp:

If possible, appears to be even more focus on skills than last year again with the TPH guys being participants. Smaller groups without the focus on scrimmages. In the afternoon session with both rinks being used and splitting F/D on opposite ends of the rink could only watch portions of each. At one point watching the Fs in one group, actually had line rushes and it was not surprising to see Barber, Stephenson and Vrana together since all expected in Hershey as of this time. The three groupings were:

Vrana Stephenson Barber
Dipauli Pinho Lappin
Davidsson Cox Spinner

I might have flipped wings, wasn't focusing on this too much and didn't see these rushes for the other group,

Not sure if Herbert skated in the afternoon session, if he did I missed him.

Large number of players under contract already compared to recent years with 9 contracted players skating plus two more participating off ice. By my count, as of official news right now, 17 free agents without Kaskisuo and 8 unsigned draft picks round out the group.

Reading the player blogs, sounds like the track visit is Wed morning.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
They had him on monumental network playoff preview shows with Hayley millon so he might be a full time analyst for them.

Also went to my hs so we love him , him and Dhani Jones hs alumni

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
http://www.pennlive.com/hersheybears/index.ssf/2015/07/hershey_bears_add_free_agent_p.html

See this piece for more from Tim Leone - little on Halpern and more on tomorrow and Saturday. As suspected, tomorrow afternoon is some type of 3 on 3 scrimmage.

My twitter handle still the same and I tweeted out a bunch of random notes and a few articles about some of the free agents, mostly on Monday morning, including one about Lohan and his background. Just didn't repost everything here.

Marshall thanks for a few updates today. Always nice when can't be there. Track then testing, not a fun day for them.

Weird that two years in a row prospects outing to a Nats game ended with a game cancellation but it is July in DC.

jameswrjobe53

Jul 11, 2010
ODU, Norfolk, VA
docs.google.com
not sure if anyone said anything about today but...
O'Brien and Barber looked bad. was Barber hurt at the end of the season? Vanecek looked good to me in his little Mitch Korn drills. Carrick skated prior to the first session.

Did you know Lohan's cousin is at camp.

Yeah. I asked him about it and he denied it and asked what my source was.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
not sure if anyone said anything about today but...
O'Brien and Barber looked bad. was Barber hurt at the end of the season? Vanecek looked good to me in his little Mitch Korn drills. Carrick skated prior to the first session.

Barber got hurt at the end of the season with Miami, it's why he didn't play for the Bears after his season ended.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
If you follow on twitter, thepeerless had info on Wed and he mentioned Barber a few times.

Marshall, I have the times in the first post, but the schedule changes so I recommend checking on Caps Today page night before or morning of to confirm.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Non-twitter notes for what they are worth:

- Shared the elevator with Jonas Siegenthaler. Kid is legit huge.

- Herbert seemed to be fighting the puck a bit today.

- O'Brein looked like a guy who had palyed some NHL games. Won most of his battles.

- I'd really like it if the Stingrays or Bears signed Koules.

- Gersich. Like that guy.

Should be there tomorrow, as well.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I wasn't there yesterday, but so far today I'd say barber is looking really good

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Non-twitter notes for what they are worth:

- Shared the elevator with Jonas Siegenthaler. Kid is legit huge.

- Herbert seemed to be fighting the puck a bit today.

- O'Brein looked like a guy who had palyed some NHL games. Won most of his battles.

- I'd really like it if the Stingrays or Bears signed Koules.

- Gersich. Like that guy.

Should be there tomorrow, as well.

Thank for the updates. Glad to hear about Koules. I'm hoping he gets an AHL deal.

How have the other Hershey hopefuls looked?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Thank for the updates. Glad to hear about Koules. I'm hoping he gets an AHL deal.

How have the other Hershey hopefuls looked?

Uneven as is the case in summer. Vrana is noticeable and such a happy guy. DiPauli and Vrana were goofing off a bit during breaks this afternoon. Stephenson, I've been a fan for awhile so haven't been paying attention when I have been there, but looks good when I do notice him. Same with DiPauli and his effort.

Koules looks to me like someone playing for an ELC. My guess is good chance he signs with Hershey if he doesn't get an ELC, but just a guess. As I said before, sometimes these guys have the AHL deal already and it has not been announced so who knows.

Elgestal took a corner hit 3 on 3 and looked uncomfortable every time he rotated out but he kept playing.as one would expect, he looks bigger than a year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->