Prospect Info: Development Camp July 7-11, 2015 Washington Capitals

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
If someone knew there was a guest coach and who it would be, it would be posted.

Expect the Caps are still working with Total Package Hockey and will be helping out. Whether they bring in a college or CHL coach, wait and see.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What are people's opinions on Miles Koules? He seems intriguing and I thought he did a decent job in the final scrimmage last season. Possible Hershey candidate?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Possible yes. I think Cody Murphy is playing for an AHL/ECHL contract along with Koules and Asmundson.

Also possible one or more already has a minor league contract which has not been announced.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Looking at the schedule for Tuesday....

9 a.m.: Team White on ice
10:45 a.m.: Team Red on ice
4 p.m.: Team White on ice (Capitals rink)
4 p.m.: Team Red on ice (Public rink)
5:15 p.m.: Media availability

I doubt I will be able to make it tomorrow, unless an appt is cancelled in the morning. If I do go I will sport my Mike Green T and will be staring at my phone.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Doubt I'll be able to make it out due to work this week but always sincerely appreciate those that due and report back here. Getting close to hockey desert time of the year :(.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
All skating drills so far this morning. Not a puck in sight. They're filming skating strides with tablets again this year.

Coaches on the ice are bald TPH guy, Helmer, and a 3rd who I can't identify, as he's been on the far side of the ice the whole time.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Second session progressing similar to the first. Bald TPH coach and previously unidentified coach (who I'm now assuming is another TPH coach) running the drills. Helmer has been replaced by Jeff Halpern.

Gotta assume an official role with the organization is forthcoming for Halpy.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Wasn't he down in Tampa helping with their camp as well?

Yes.

As to roll call, this is my one day here. I tweeted red and white teams, but I assume by now someone has posted a blog with the groups. Note 9 F 6 D per group. Walker, as Prewitt reported, not on ice.

Team White 1st Grp #CapsDevCamp: Barber, Carlsson, Cox, Davidsson, DiPauli, Djoos, Lappin, Ottenbreit, Pinho, Pionk, Siegenthaler, Spinner, Stephenson, Vrana, Williams

#CapsDevCamp team red: Basara, Bowey, Boyd, Elgestal, Gersich, Gibb, Herbert, Hobbs, Koules, Lohan, Mingo, Murphy, O'Brien, Sanford, Texeira

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Whatever happened to that Kostenko kid?

Based on his twitter, he is in US visiting. Thought maybe there would be a surprise appearance. Based on Russian draft pick, they still own his rights, but nothing there as of now. He did play some games overseas last season but fed or someone could comment more. Looked to me like he found a team to practice with and then played some games.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Just saw this. Alas, I had left just before you posted it.

Figured. Oh well.

As to day one, I like the Trotz-era focus on skills but what a difference from previous coaches/GM. Consistent with last year and Trotz's views as he has expressed them. As a result, I am curious to see if Thursday afternoon ends up being a scrimmage of some type or special teams work. As noted above, fewer players than in past years but enough for 3 lines and 3 D pairs per team for Saturday.

jameswrjobe53

Jul 11, 2010
ODU, Norfolk, VA
docs.google.com
Guest Coaches are Dwayne Blais, Scott Jones, and Jeff Halpern (I asked Bryan Helmer about Jones as he was the one I didn't recognize). Kasimir Kaskisuo is not on the official roster divided up by team that Prewitt gave me. Tyler Lewington is in attendance but not doing on ice, and may as well not be doing off ice.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
http://www.pennlive.com/hersheybears/index.ssf/2015/07/hershey_bears_f_nathan_walker.html

Leone reports that according to Mann, teams for Saturday scrimmage will be picked via a draft.

Yes, both Lewington and Walker are here for off-ice components of camp.

Possible Kaskisuo isn't here since he was at NYR camp and Caps had 5 goalies listed. Correct he is not on the 7/7 list split by team. Walker is listed. Also possible he didn't clear medical or is coming later in the week. Wait and see since no on ice G drills that I have seen so far, not surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad