Boston Bruins Development Camp Ice Sessions Schedule? Tues, Wed, Thur 10a-2pm Fri closed except to season tix

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Will be curious to see where Steen plays this year.

I would think he returns to the SHL and plays there and maybe comes over afterwards? No idea what his contract situation is like, and I believe he still needs to be signed by Boston to an ELC.

Bakos and Galipeau are going to be solid additions to Providence and I wouldn’t be shocked to see either of them in Boston at some point.

Galipeau should be a good addition for Providence, but he's only on an AHL deal so he'd need to be signed to an ELC. If he impresses, they may, very well, go the route they went with Clifton.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I would think he returns to the SHL and plays there and maybe comes over afterwards? No idea what his contract situation is like, and I believe he still needs to be signed by Boston to an ELC.

Galipeau should be a good addition for Providence, but he's only on an AHL deal so he'd need to be signed to an ELC. If he impresses, they may, very well, go the route they went with Clifton.

I would expect Steen would come over once the SHL is over. I can’t find anything that addresses his status

I really think they go the Clifton route with Galipeau. I’m excited to see him in training camp.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I would expect Steen would come over once the SHL is over. I can’t find anything that addresses his status

I'm very excited for him though. Tempered expectations for his upside, but I'm always a fan of smaller players with speed who has that tenacity. He sounds like a fun player to root for.

I really think they go the Clifton route with Galipeau. I’m excited to see him in training camp.

You can never have enough defensive prospects.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
bill - thanks for all the updates. as for keyser, part of his statistical issues this year most definitely
are tied to the concussion issues. dom can certainly talk more to that than i can, but following from
afar, it appeared his game was very good when healthy.

Two concussions, although no one will confirm the first one, even off the record.

After Christmas (and fully recovered) he was in the top three in all statistical categories (the important ones) in the OHL. "I saw a lot of him, and it was night and day" (If you want to quote me)

Reactions: PlayMakers

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I will check in when I can with some observations.

My 1 hour, 15 min ride home became a 2 hour 30 minute ride home with traffic. I got home, threw some stuff in bag, packed the car and headed up to the lake (another 1 hr, 15 min drive in the opposite direction) to avoid some of the heat.

Top 5 today based strictly on the scrimmage (in order):

1) Studnicka
2) Steen
3) Lauko
4) AA
5) Keyser

Hon mention: Colin Thiesen (invitee from Notre Dame)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Any word on the Studnicka injury?

Dan and I were arguing about it. I said something minor and Dan said he thought it was a separated shoulder.

ps we ate at the Stockyard after and Dan thought Cam Neely (guy looked nothing like him) was at the bar, so take his injury report with a grain of salt :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Any word on the Studnicka injury?

Dan and I were arguing about it. I said something minor and Dan said he thought it was a separated shoulder.

ps we ate at the Stockyard after and Dan thought Cam Neely (guy looked nothing like him) was at the bar, so take his injury report with a grain of salt :laugh:
He looked more like Brian Burke at the trade deadline than Cam Neely.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
DAY 1: We’ll see what remains over the course of the rest of the week with Vaakanainen and this humble hockey writer will certainly keep an open mind. But it really just doesn’t look like he’s going to bring much to the table offensively, so he better be one heck of a fast-skating, shutdown defenseman now that he’s competing for a spot in Boston.

DAY 2:
Urho Vaakanainen (pictured), on the other hand, continues to look like he’s got some work to do. I’ll be honest: In two development camps I have yet to see why Vaakanainen was first -round pick material. He might want to start showing it.

DAY 3:
But if I’m being honest, I don’t see a single player on the ice this week that’s going to seriously push for an NHL job this fall and that includes a player like Vaakanainen that the B’s are putting in a position to succeed as he moves over to North America for the first time in his career.

DAY 4:
One player that again looked like he needs to elevate his game is Urho Vaakanainen, who once again looked really challenged in the offensive zone to make plays, or sometimes even keep the puck in the offensive zone while walking the blue line with the puck. He can skate and he’s got pretty decent size, but there appears to be a great deal he needs to improve at before he’s going to be NHL material.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The shtick has officially begun with Haggerty. He made a negative comment/dig at Vaakanainen in every single Development Camp write up. Christ, Day #1, he gave it away that there was a shtick developing. Day #1 of a DC...OF A f***ING DC....And he's already writing the kid off offensively? But he's going to keep an open mind? f*** yourself, Haggerty. The door was open with that sarcastic/snobby starter, and you followed it up with gems.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
DAY 1: We’ll see what remains over the course of the rest of the week with Vaakanainen and this humble hockey writer will certainly keep an open mind. But it really just doesn’t look like he’s going to bring much to the table offensively, so he better be one heck of a fast-skating, shutdown defenseman now that he’s competing for a spot in Boston.

DAY 2:
Urho Vaakanainen (pictured), on the other hand, continues to look like he’s got some work to do. I’ll be honest: In two development camps I have yet to see why Vaakanainen was first -round pick material. He might want to start showing it.

DAY 3:
But if I’m being honest, I don’t see a single player on the ice this week that’s going to seriously push for an NHL job this fall and that includes a player like Vaakanainen that the B’s are putting in a position to succeed as he moves over to North America for the first time in his career.

DAY 4:
One player that again looked like he needs to elevate his game is Urho Vaakanainen, who once again looked really challenged in the offensive zone to make plays, or sometimes even keep the puck in the offensive zone while walking the blue line with the puck. He can skate and he’s got pretty decent size, but there appears to be a great deal he needs to improve at before he’s going to be NHL material.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The shtick has officially begun with Haggerty. He made a negative comment/dig at Vaakanainen in every single Development Camp write up. Christ, Day #1, he gave it away that there was a shtick developing. Day #1 of a DC...OF A ****ING DC....And he's already writing the kid off offensively? But he's going to keep an open mind? **** yourself, Haggerty. The door was open with that sarcastic/snobby starter, and you followed it up with gems.

Wow thanks for posting. Unreal. Why does Haggerty contInue to be paid? So many better options. Would love to see Any of the 3 amigos in that role.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

DAY 2:

DAY 3:

DAY 4:

The shtick has officially begun with Haggerty. He made a negative comment/dig at Vaakanainen in every single Development Camp write up. Christ, Day #1, he gave it away that there was a shtick developing. Day #1 of a DC...OF A ****ING DC....And he's already writing the kid off offensively? But he's going to keep an open mind? **** yourself, Haggerty. The door was open with that sarcastic/snobby starter, and you followed it up with gems.
and yet Langerbrunner impressed with him but admitted work to do, thankfully Haggs opinions don`t resonate with B`s decision makers

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
and yet Langerbrunner impressed with him but admitted work to do, thankfully Haggs opinions don`t resonate with B`s decision makers

Exactly. Langenbrunner knows what's he watching, which is the key in all this. Haggerty's first mistake was thinking that Vaakanainen was an offensive defenseman of any kind. That was never known to be his game, and it's something that he needs to work on. It's just funny he points that out over-and-over-and-over but never says anything positive. He's doing it to rile up the brainless Bruins crowd. They read that, read first round pick, and get all butthurt. They run to draft history, see who went after and start to hindsight. Even thought they don't realize that Vaakanainen is a good prospect with solid upside. He's not a finished product, but Haggerty makes it seem like he is. Just that snobby, My opinion is above all, attitude.

Wow thanks for posting. Unreal. Why does Haggerty contInue to be paid? So many better
options. Would love to see Any of the 3 amigos in that role.

Yep...Taking a spot from someone who would do a much better job in that role. His time has worn out. He's a shtick monster who's there for the clicks. I also hate that he's the mainstream go-to for Bruins fans (Twitter/Facebook) because there are much better options out there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Exactly. Langenbrunner knows what's he watching, which is the key in all this. Haggerty's first mistake was thinking that Vaakanainen was an offensive defenseman of any kind. That was never known to be his game, and it's something that he needs to work on. It's just funny he points that out over-and-over-and-over but never says anything positive. He's doing it to rile up the brainless Bruins crowd. They read that, read first round pick, and get all ********. They run to draft history, see who went after and start to hindsight. Even thought they don't realize that Vaakanainen is a good prospect with solid upside. He's not a finished product, but Haggerty makes it seem like he is. Just that snobby, My opinion is above all, attitude.

Yep...Taking a spot from someone who would do a much better job in that role. His time has worn out. He's a shtick monster who's there for the clicks. I also hate that he's the mainstream go-to for Bruins fans (Twitter/Facebook) because there are much better options out there.

precisely, I had never heard of the kid at draft time and still know very little about him but one thing I never heard was that this kid was going to be an offensive threat. I heard he would be a bit of a work in progress but has some terrific tools with some very good mobility and speed. It sounded a lot like what I heard about Carlo, a guy who also has nice speed for a big man but really isn`t a guy whose looked to for offence.

Honestly, I look to Divver more for sound, fair assessments 8 days a week before Haggs

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

DAY 2:

DAY 3:

DAY 4:

Of all the players spoken about, Sweeney and Langenbrunner were most critical of UV. So haggs was over the top, but if forced to make a snap long term judgement call based off what he saw, he’s probably not wrong, given that Sweeney also confirmed he wasn’t good in camp

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Of all the players spoken about, Sweeney and Langenbrunner were most critical of UV. So haggs was over the top, but if forced to make a snap long term judgement call based off what he saw, he’s probably not wrong, given that Sweeney also confirmed he wasn’t good in camp

I think it's stupid to make a snap long term judgement call off 4 days at development camp. Just because you don't have a good DC, doesn't mean much. There's also a difference between what Langenbrunner said and what Haggerty is saying.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think it's stupid to make a snap long term judgement call off 4 days at development camp. Just because you don't have a good DC, doesn't mean much. There's also a difference between what Langenbrunner said and what Haggerty is saying.

“It looked like he’s been off the ice for a little while, and needs to really put in a couple of hard months, training wise. I think he’s looking forward to the opportunity, he looks very...comfortable on the ice in terms of his own..confidence level. But he needs to understand how much more competitive it will get between now and training camp.”

Not exactly a glowing review from Sweeney. Basically said he was coasting out there with no intensity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->