Development Camp 2019

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Seney was invisible. Not what you want to see from someone supposedly fighting for a spot. McLeod was for a while too, but he had a couple of good shifts late. Especially on the goal.

Was Seney the guy Matt was referring to at the beginning of the second half vis-a-vis having a spot last year but maybe not having one this year because he wouldn't be served well on a lower line? The way he worded it made it sound like he was referring to someone specific. Could have been McLeod too I suppose but he only played late in the season.

Reactions: Blender

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was Seney the guy Matt was referring to at the beginning of the second half vis-a-vis having a spot last year but maybe not having one this year because he wouldn't be served well on a lower line? The way he worded it made it sound like he was referring to someone specific.

Yeah definitely think it was him. McLeod maybe as well.

Reactions: deflowd and Blender

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
Man Boquist can really skate. In the couple shifts he was up against Jack he was able to keep up with him step for step. He impressed me alot today, as did Jack

It was hard to get a real good grasp with the camera angles until I got them figured out, but heres the guys who stood out to me aside from hughes and Boquist.

Studenic and Ginac - on the same line most of the game with speers or sharangovich and controlled play, created alot of offense

Walsh and White were both very solid, Smith had a nice second half made some beauty passes

the new d men in Vukojevich and Okhotyuk were both strong defensivley

Mcleod had a good second half

Clarke had some issues in the NZ but his skill was evident in the offensive zone and hit a post ( i think) on a nice slot drive

Red drove the play most of the first half and it was a more even game in the second, again it was really hard to pick up the player numbers but it was fun to watch nonetheless

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Ty is wearing ccm currently from what I can see

66439358_10157408633484583_4068501629056319488_o.jpg

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I defo saw ccm gloves on him today though, like 99% certain. Unless that's from today

The Devils FB page posted it this morning saying right back at it or something like that. Regardless it doesn't really matter, I just noticed a few guys not wearing the regular team supplied CCM gear.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Looks like Boqvist plans on making me sound bad for suggesting hed miss out this year

To be fair I also thought he was a 2018 pick for some reason and turns out hes a slight-overager

Id still run him on the third to start if he makes it. Getting Simmonds going is bigger fir this seasons progress and keeps Jack calm for the start

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Bratt-Hughes-Simmonds
Zacha-Zajac-Boqvist
Wood-McLeod-Coleman

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Was a lot of fun to be at today. Buddy was running late so we got there as it was starting and had to settle for standing behind the white goal in the crowd. Not great angles, but awesome to watch Jack up close. He’s electrifying with the puck.

Boqvist and Walsh looked great from my perspective as well. Got a black Hughes shirt as well! All in all, a good day!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Saw Speers and someone else while leaving the parking garage. Gave him a “what’s up Blake Speers” and he was kind enough to acknowledge. :laugh:

Also saw Clemmer as I was pulling out packing up his car. Doug Weight was there too in the crowd watching his boy.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Was a lot of fun to be at today. Buddy was running late so we got there as it was starting and had to settle for standing behind the white goal in the crowd. Not great angles, but awesome to watch Jack up close. He’s electrifying with the puck.

Boqvist and Walsh looked great from my perspective as well. Got a black Hughes shirt as well! All in all, a good day!
So a packed crowd then? I know it's a small place, but how was the energy in there?

DevilsJunkie

Jul 28, 2009
Biggest Little City
Just watched the replay on YT. The Russians looked pretty good. I seem to remember reading some poster throwing shade at Popugaev, and I'm not sure why. I agree with Amanda that he looked pretty effective / good out there. Also thought Maltsev showed some savvy out there, as well. Vukojevic stood out for me, too.

On team White, it was Graeme Clarke I noticed in a positive way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad