Prospect Info: Development Camp - 2018

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Anything good happen on the final day of camp? There wasn't any reporting on that day except for Doughty's contract.

Reactions: King Trouty

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Potentially the new 1C in ONT this year.

Definitely an interesting player. It will be fun to see what happens to him.

He had an odd junior career. He could barely score at a point per game pace, then suddenly he has 37 points in 16 playoff games including 16 goals. Do recall any other prospects that had a similar type development up to this point in their career?

Reactions: King Trouty

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Anything good happen on the final day of camp? There wasn't any reporting on that day except for Doughty's contract.

They had a scrimmage in the morning, but I haven't seen any news whatsoever. I expect you'll see some stories soon from Jon Rosen. He said he had a lot of material to crank out, but the Doughty signing preceded camp stories.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Definitely an interesting player. It will be fun to see what happens to him.

He had an odd junior career. He could barely score at a point per game pace, then suddenly he has 37 points in 16 playoff games including 16 goals. Do recall any other prospects that had a similar type development up to this point in their career?

True. I do not. Seems like some Ranger fans were disappointed he was not signed.
Honestly, this coming season in Ontario will be interesting, with incoming talent - Morrison, Rempal, Eyssimont, Clague, Strand and others. Too hard to gauge what immediate impact
any and all of them will make...but it's perhaps the highest level of incoming talent in years.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
True. I do not. Seems like some Ranger fans were disappointed he was not signed.
Honestly, this coming season in Ontario will be interesting, with incoming talent - Morrison, Rempal, Eyssimont, Clague, Strand and others. Too hard to gauge what immediate impact
any and all of them will make...but it's perhaps the highest level of incoming talent in years.
Bokondji Imama comes to mind. He never produced in juniors then suddenly he scores 41 goals in 66 games. Morrison has more potential though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bokondji Imama comes to mind. He never produced in juniors then suddenly he scores 41 goals in 66 games. Morrison has more potential though.

I think he means more random playoffs blowup though. There are plenty of dudes who went nuclear last year of juniors. Morrison reminds me a bit of Phillipe Maillet, one of those guys who is most likely just a real good AHLer, but someone who MIGHT be good enough for the NHL too given time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad