Developing your slap shot

colton23

Sep 10, 2006
Im 5-2 105 lbs soaking wet and i us a 90 flex stick and im not even that strong you just need to know how to transfer your weight into your shot and make good contact with the ground then your shots will be flying, it is always easier to use a stiffer stick when starting until you learn the right technique

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
It's nice to be rich and have a personal tranier telling you what to do and what to eat, eh? ;)
It's also nice to have a job like a hockey player where you can dedicate your spare time (off-season) to getting stronger ;). Us normal people only play hockey as a hobby or for a school and have so much other stuff to deal with (school/work)

Muttley*

The parents hated me doing that one...after one year of doing that every day after school, our garage doors looked like swiss cheese:D

yeah, the building I live in now has a 14 car garage and one night about midnight, I tried taking shots onto a wall, but the sound echoed/reverberated around and set off all the car alarms. I ran back to my apartment like a little kid who just got in trouble.;)

Bluester

Feb 28, 2007
Saint Louis, MO
yeah, the building I live in now has a 14 car garage and one night about midnight, I tried taking shots onto a wall, but the sound echoed/reverberated around and set off all the car alarms. I ran back to my apartment like a little kid who just got in trouble.;)

LMAO I can just see that happening.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Kovy is amazing. He was always my favorite player back in his days with the Rangers. That video is nuts, I wish I could do even a quarter of the stuff he does.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
i almost never use a slapshot, im more of a sid crosby type player, but its kinda weird my onetimer is alot more accurate than my standard slapper so idk what that means but if it helps me maybe it can help others

edit: oh yea watch this video too, the guys got a good slapper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5o3Ay9E49w

Nov 28, 2006

Noo! someone else with a Melissa avatar :O

As for the tips, what I find you should do to increase power ( I know you want accuracy, but they are both helped here)is to always imagine your target right in front of you and very close. If you begin thinking that wherever you're shooting is too far away to hit accurately, you shoot like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad