Devante Smith-Pelly

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I watched him more a couple years ago than lately. But I've always been a fan. My main concern: he's one of those guys who usually/always has his motor running, and that gives him an edge at this level, but doesn't seem to have elite skills in any specific area. What happens when he hits higher levels where increasingly more players have their motors running too, and are bigger, and that edge starts to evapourate? I don't know. I like him anyway. But I always seem to end up overestimating players like him based on liking them in the OHL*. :) FWIW.

(* = Except for Clutterbuck... I liked him and he has just kept on trucking in the pros. :) )

Jerky Leclerc

Feb 27, 2002
Anaheim
Visit site
I saw Smith-Pelly at Ducks rookie camp and the kid is going to be a good 3rd line player. He reminded me a little bit of Dustin Brown but his foot speed needs to improve if he wants to make the pros. Smith-Pelly isn't all that big to start but he plays as physical as there is and will be a great addition to the Ducks next year. He seems to be a good Randy Carlyle type player so with a good camp, he might make the big club.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I watch him on occasion, hes definitely the majors offensive force. Hits everything he skates past, can finnish, very gritty, gets his nose dirty, pesty, will be an nhl player.

Very good third line energy guy, possible but unlikely top six upside. Hes a lot like clutterbuck, excellent player for teams that believe in top six and bottoms six.

ohlguy

Oct 18, 2010
Oshawa
This kid is coach's dream, I love the way he plays! He's tough, smart, and plays a two way game. I liked him better than his teammate McFarland back in minor midget, when Mcfarland would get all the glory. This kid is a great and honest player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->