Recalled/Assigned: Devane Recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I like Devane. He is actually a decent player aside from being skilled in breaking peoples faces.

Excited to see how he and Rielly do! And when it comes to Ashton, need to give the kid some time. He just came through a really competitive camp, and is hurting from that fight. Need to give him about 10-15 games before complaining about his game.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Devane is gonna be one of those good 4th liners for you, he can play the game well enough but he's more then capable of messing up another guy as a fighter. Slightly less mobile Thornton on Boston.

I think Devane is capable of scoring 5ish goals a season and not being a liability, and if that's your enforcer that is not so bad.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
did devane have a better camp than broll? i can't remember, but i did like broll.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I thought Broll had the better camp and Broll is easily the best hockey player prospect of the two. The problem is that Devane is a more seasoned fighter.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Saturday night's performance pending, the decision about the forward to demote is easy: Carter Ashton. We still haven't heard what forward is coming out of the lineup. Maybe Orr has an injury and Devane is coming in for him. Or maybe a decision has already been made on Ashton and the Leafs are giving him a few more days of NHL level pay.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
ashton with his broekn beak will probably be out. He cant play the way he needs to with this injury

clarkson, maclaren and fraser is a lot of truculance out of our lineup
against ottawa.

orr,devane,bodie can handle kassian,neil and smith

kulemin,bolland, jvr,kadri, franson and phaneuf can play their games a
little better without worrying about the cheap shots

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'm surprised that they called up a forward. Was thinking that they'd go with the extra D rather than an extra forward in the case that Fraser was put on LTIR. I guess Ashton may be sidelined a bit as he's the only forward on the roster that is dealing with a disadvantage of a broken nose and full face cage.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
I thought Broll had the better camp and Broll is easily the best hockey player prospect of the two. The problem is that Devane is a more seasoned fighter.

I don't know about more seasoned, Devane is just better. Broll, while always a willing combatant, isn't great at it...

Reim Van Jamesdyke

Oct 3, 2013
I'm surprised that they called up a forward. Was thinking that they'd go with the extra D rather than an extra forward in the case that Fraser was put on LTIR. I guess Ashton may be sidelined a bit as he's the only forward on the roster that is dealing with a disadvantage of a broken nose and full face cage.

Also, why bring up a defenseman to sit in the pressbox at a home game? The Marlies have two games this weekend, while the leafs don't play again until Tuesday. If they need to, then can send Devane right back down and call up a defenseman for the midweek game.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Jamie Devane reminds me enormously of Dave Brown the highly feared Flyer enforcer..same size and same intimidation factor..

Devane will be a much better player than Brown ever was but the rep coming in is the same and the size is the same

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Good stuff we need more toughness in the lineup. We have a reputation to maintain.

JB Maple Leafs

Aug 31, 2005
Barrie
I don't know about more seasoned, Devane is just better. Broll, while always a willing combatant, isn't great at it...

I agree. Broll is built like a tank and strong as an ox but in the fights I've seen from him, his arms don't seem long enough and he can't throw em like some of the other 6'5" fighters. He just grapples and wrestles guys to the ice. Hopefully a year in the AHL will develop his technique because he's tough as nails for sure.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Devane still needs to fight a seasoned enforcer, I hope he plays more to his offensive ability and just play a sound game and not go looking for trouble in his first reg season game. Mclaren absolutely destroyed that sens kid last year.

Tyler Biggs*

Good call up. Should replace Ashton on 4th line. Ashton can't fight with the broken nose. The Leafs must be expecting a bruising game against the Sens.

Devane will be replacing Carter Ashton and Morgan Rielly is the Fraser replacement. Most likely introducing himself to Neil or another Sen 'enforcer'.

Watched him a lot as a Whaler. Gutty kid, plays for the team. He's not the fastest and not the best skater. But being a protector of your teammates doesn't take a lot of speed. He and Neil will probably dance.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Devane still needs to fight a seasoned enforcer, I hope he plays more to his offensive ability and just play a sound game and not go looking for trouble in his first reg season game. Mclaren absolutely destroyed that sens kid last year.

Yes but the Sens don't have someone with the power of McLaren and Devane is much bigger and a much better fighter than Dizzy so there's really nothing to worry about. Kassian jumped him in preseason and still didn't really do much. We don't even know if Devane will play though.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
still don't get why he's up wasting important capspace. at all.

makes no sense.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
What the hell?

Devane was better than both Ashton and Abbot in the preseason. Abbot sucked balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->