Recalled/Assigned: Devane Recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avec Fromage*

A clear indication that Rielly will see the next nine games.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I confess, I don't know what's going on with the cap situation. I thought we were close, and putting Fraser on IR doesn't free up any space but now we have Devane up so wtf is going on? Someone (Ashton) being sent down?

Leafsin2014*

I confess, I don't know what's going on with the cap situation. I thought we were close, and putting Fraser on IR doesn't free up any space but now we have Devane up so wtf is going on? Someone (Ashton) being sent down?

Ashton is going down or capgeek is wrong (maybe both).

EtoDemerzel

Aug 4, 2009
Toronto

Fraser has been placed on LTIR (according to David Alter @ Sportsnet).

Edit: ... meaning he's out for 24 days (10 games) at least, and his salary freed up cap space.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Need him against Ottawa, he has played very well in preseason. 2 goals nevermind the physical stuff. He is progressing faster than I thought he would, this being from a Devane booster since he was drafted. Love the move, Ashton can get go with a broken nose, Devane may be our toughest guy in the organization right there with Mclaren and Orr.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
A clear indication that Rielly will see the next nine games.

I think its a clear indication that Rielly will play on Saturday, nothing past that game.

They could easily send Ashton or Devane down and recall a defenseman over the next 9 games.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Fraser has been placed on LTIR (according to David Alter @ Sportsnet).

Edit: ... meaning he's out for 24 days (10 games) at least, and his salary freed up cap space.

Ah ok...damn I didn't think Fraser's injury was going to be that bad.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Devane's been working on his backward's skating and is Fraser's replacement.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Will keep Neil and Smith more honest, not worried about Kassian, he can't play. But those 2 guys with now Orr to watch over them will be less inclined to be Kaleta out there.

EtoDemerzel

Aug 4, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for this.

Too bad for Fraser.

No problem!

I suspect that we'll be sending a forward down to the Marlies and calling up an additional D-man prior to our road trip next week. Have a hard time seeing Carlyle go on the road with 6 D, especially if one of them is a rookie.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Ah ok...damn I didn't think Fraser's injury was going to be that bad.

It just makes sense. Any middling injury to a non-critical player will be done this way. Maybe his injury is that bad but he could have been sacrificed for the 10 games so that the Leafs could ice a proper team

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't know why we'd bother wasting any capspace at all keeping an extra forward up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad