Friedman: Devan Dubynk to the Sharks being worked on

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Like with Rask?
Maybe? Sounds like some contracts, with the Covid cap and revenue issues, are harder to move than others right now. And add to that the current saturation of the goalie market too. Isn’t MAF available?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Is Dubnyk really an upgrade on Aaron Dell? I'm asking seriously, Dubnyk to his credit has been great (in the past), but is coming off his worst season, and is older.
I think the sharks really want someone who 1. has been a starter and 2. only has one year on his contract. Sounds like they dont want to commit to any of the UFA goalies, although why not ask Lundqvist then idk.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
No interest in Dubnyk even at max retention unless we are getting Donato (or picks) coming our way. I would rather just ride the season with Jones and re-sign Dell at league minimum to ride the season through.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No interest in Dubnyk even at max retention unless we are getting Donato (or picks) coming our way. I would rather just ride the season with Jones and re-sign Dell at league minimum to ride the season through.

Honestly doesn't really sound like Wilson cares about Sharks fans' interest at this point.

Don't know what the deal is gonna be, but Wilson wants Dubnyk.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Honestly doesn't really sound like Wilson cares about Sharks fans' interest at this point.

Don't know what the deal is gonna be, but Wilson wants Dubnyk.

LOL. Its not about the interest of the Sharks fans. Its about the interest of the team as a whole. I have learnt enough about GM talk to not trust what they say. Will wait and see what actually ends up happening.

Personally, I am not sold that the trade happens. And if it does happen, I would not be shocked if there is salary (Sorensen) going the Wild way. Dubnyk does really nothing for the Sharks long term. Or potentially even in the short term. If the sole purpose of this trade is to bank on Dubnyk to rebound and be a 1B starter for us, then I would lose all faith in DW as our GM. I expect there to be more to this deal than just Dubnyk. Time will tell. I have been wrong before .. and I am sure I will be wrong again. So won't bother me personally.

Reactions: Erep

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Waiting till the late rounds of the draft to see how much they value the picks, if there are guys available they want, I guess.

The fact that it hasn't happened means they are either waiting for something:

SJ wants to get to free agency to see what those options look like cost wise.
The value of picks being traded will change mid draft based on who is available.
This was never going to happen and was an elaborate smokescreen to drum up interest in Dubnyk, or drop cost of other goalies, and they are waiting for other GMs to flinch.

Or they could just have been too lazy to do it on the weekend and are waiting till Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad