Devan Dubnyk (Vezina & Masterton Finalist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

I still think Dubnyk ends up signing here, I just hope he holds firm with his $5M+ demands until after the draft.

J22*

Let's be real -- a ton of really bad GMs out there. He'll get money and term from someone.

Most of those really bad GM's are already over paying their goalie on a long term deal. There's only a few teams that would even consider a long term deal for any goaltender.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Agreeing with many posts I'm seeing. Give 5 mil + to a guy who played about a half a season? Naw, I'd risk it with Kuemps or someone else.

Death of Rats

Jan 28, 2012
Blashyrkh
Wondering if Dubnyk does realize he has never been under 2.5 GAA in the NHL before joining Wild? Edit: Or in any other league for that matter.

Slick Willy*

Just figure out how to get Lack from Vancouver and move along, I guess.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'm calling 4-years at 4.5 million/year. Fletcher is buying out Cooke for the cap space. Dubs will sign after the draft once a bunch of other teams trade for goalies, and he realizes he and Niemi are fighting for jobs at Minnesota and Buffalo.

J22*

I'm calling 4-years at 4.5 million/year. Fletcher is buying out Cooke for the cap space. Dubs will sign after the draft once a bunch of other teams trade for goalies, and he realizes he and Niemi are fighting for jobs at Minnesota and Buffalo.

That's still $1M too high for 4 years or 2 years to long at that price for me.

I think Fletcher gets him down to 3 years $4M per or he signs somebody else. My preference would be Ramo

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I would walk away fast from that. No thanks!

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'm starting to think that Dubnyk can take his five-million-dollar leverage and go elsewhere. But we'll see the real situation very soon. These are still speculations and rumors.

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The Dubnyk situation sure isn't looking good, that's for sure.

And here I was so optimistic because Duby and the Wild loved eachother so much during the run, both sides said they wanted to be back, it seemed like a sweetheart deal that was reasonable to both sides would be inevitable.

But I guess we simply can't have nice things.

I blame Backstrom, and Fletcher for signing him to that anchor of a contract. Willing to bet if Backstrom wasn't in the mix we'd be willing to give Dubnyk a contract closer to what he wants than whatever it is we're offering now because we'd have 3 million extra cap and an extra roster spot. Backstrom consumes both without giving any value back.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeah. The whole goalie situation is a mess, once again. But overpaying again is not a fix either.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The Dubnyk situation sure isn't looking good, that's for sure.

And here I was so optimistic because Duby and the Wild loved eachother so much during the run, both sides said they wanted to be back, it seemed like a sweetheart deal that was reasonable to both sides would be inevitable.

But I guess we simply can't have nice things.

I blame Backstrom, and Fletcher for signing him to that anchor of a contract. Willing to bet if Backstrom wasn't in the mix we'd be willing to give Dubnyk a contract closer to what he wants than whatever it is we're offering now because we'd have 3 million extra cap and an extra roster spot. Backstrom consumes both without giving any value back.

He's negotiating. Nothing wrong with it.

Slick Willy*

A novel idea is: Why don't we just play Backstrom and Kuemper (and we cut free of Dubnyk)?

We paid Backstrom...let's play him.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
can't blame Nik for signing the contract that was put in front of him. If my boss came up to me and said "guess what, you're getting a huge raise!, just want you to stick around for a few more years." I'm going to sign the paperwork so I can get my cash.

In the real world you don't get to do a surgery that you claim you had all season to repair your elbow just prior to the ability to buy out contracts would come up to save you from being the one with a pink slip.

He knows exactly what he was doing and by the sounds of the front office they didn't have a damn clue he was even going in for it. I hope they just scratch him every single game and don't even allow him in the building now.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
A novel idea is: Why don't we just play Backstrom and Kuemper (and we cut free of Dubnyk)?

because we would like to be in the playoff hunt again this coming season?

Nik is about as strong as an egg shell. Only a matter of time before he strains something, pulls something, or needs another surgery. Better off taking our lumps with him and trying to find someone who is a starter

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Because under Harry and Lloyd this team would have been hoping to draft #3 this year. Kuemper is salvageable. Backstrom is a dinosaur who can't play more than 2 weeks without pulling his groin now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->